BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

injectors

• Vigo The Happy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2013 21:35 #65360 by Vigo The Happy
injectors was created by Vigo The Happy
Hi, can someone please help as I need to buy a new injector for my engine but I am having trouble finding the one that I need, there seems to be lots of choice and my lack of knowledge is confusing me as to which ones I need.

I have an 05 plate Jimny with the M13a (16valve DOHC) engine, according to the log book. One of the injectors at the back is making a hissing sound and so needs replacing.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction with my injector purchase.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2013 22:52 #65370 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic injectors
sounds like it just needs a new O ring nothing more then a few pence pop it out see if it has split or disintergrated wouldnt be fitting a new injector if that is all it needs

More
12 Mar 2013 01:38 #65374 by gus2000
Replied by gus2000 on topic injectors
hello, in the event of having to change the injector, it is advisable to replace the four if they have a lot of wear.

A new injector together with others worn away doesn't inject the same volume and the motor works incorrectly.

In most of the cases Suzuki uses Denso injectors. the color identifies the capacity

e.g. red 180cc/min: green 220cc/min

Gustavo

Gustavo LU2HC - Rio Cuarto (Argentina)
Jimny 1999 - 1.6 16V - SOHC

• Vigo The Happy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Mar 2013 22:18 #65513 by Vigo The Happy
Replied by Vigo The Happy on topic injectors
Thanks for the replies. Still having trouble sourcing them, it's amazing how many internet companies advertise stuff that they haven't actually got.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds