BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

North Yorks Moors Laning

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2013 18:05 #64206 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic North Yorks Moors Laning
Yeah all still ok for Sunday Ian. Spare place is yours Gaz. Did recce of the route on sunday and 80% of it we did last time ian if thats ok with you mate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2013 18:58 #64215 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic North Yorks Moors Laning
great stuff,ian are you from gateshead ? do you want to meet up and travel down ?

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2013 23:14 #64251 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic North Yorks Moors Laning
Looking forward to Sunday although I do have list of jobs to do yet, I've got these to fit.
Also
Castor correction bushes
Strip and clean front brakes
Strip clean and adjust or replace rear brakes
Adjust the clutch cable
Adjust the panhard rods
Fit the extended brake flexi's
Retighten the fan belts
Axle and gearbox breathers
Before I can do that I've got a transit connect clutch mot and major service, a major service on a motor home, mot repairs on a ford ka, seat altea electrical faults, rear door latch on a vw passat and other jobs probably not put in the diary
Any body looking for a job :laugh: :laugh:

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2013 23:49 #64258 by gaz3359
Days work that ;) ha

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 07:24 - 01 Mar 2013 07:42 #64259 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic North Yorks Moors Laning
Yeah probably would get it done in a day I didn't spend half the day answering the phone to sales calls, they usually start the call by saying "I not trying to sell you anything" yeah right :laugh:
Last edit: 01 Mar 2013 07:42 by RichiesJimny.

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 08:18 #64260 by gaz3359
I hate those must get 10 a day at the garage i work at,worst thing is my mate who owns it hands the phone to me after they have asked to speak to the boss. :cheer:

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 10:59 #64270 by Hastiekid
Replied by Hastiekid on topic North Yorks Moors Laning

gaz3359 wrote: great stuff,ian are you from gateshead ? do you want to meet up and travel down ?

Yes Mate, thats fine by me, what do you think about meeting at the washington services at 7.45?

Ian

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 17:03 #64282 by Hastiekid

Smoggy wrote: Yeah all still ok for Sunday Ian. Spare place is yours Gaz. Did recce of the route on sunday and 80% of it we did last time ian if thats ok with you mate.

Thats fine by me mate we had a right laugh last time out, this should be a good day. :)
Bring your maps with you as I have other lanes to talk about and mark up for future trips.

Ian

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 17:34 #64286 by gaz3359

Hastiekid wrote:

gaz3359 wrote: great stuff,ian are you from gateshead ? do you want to meet up and travel down ?

Yes Mate, thats fine by me, what do you think about meeting at the washington services at 7.45?

Ian

are you heading down the a1 or a19 ? If a1 durham services would be better for meself if thats not out your way ?

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 17:50 #64287 by Hastiekid

gaz3359 wrote:

Hastiekid wrote:

Ian

are you heading down the a1 or a19 ? If a1 durham services would be better for meself if thats not out your way ?

Down the A1 then 19. To be honest I put the postcode into my Sat Nav and just follow it. It’s a bit of a Git and always heads down the A1 first then crosses over but when I come back it goes 19 all the way. It may be easier if we meet down there as other than the Washington services I cant guarantee a rout or time.

Ian

• gaz3359
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Mar 2013 18:42 #64298 by gaz3359
Yea can just do that,i live 5 mins from a19 and id be going back on myself to washington services.looking forward to my first outing now,barr the basics is there anything eles in particular i need ?

• Hastiekid
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Mar 2013 06:12 #64340 by Hastiekid

gaz3359 wrote: Yea can just do that,i live 5 mins from a19 and id be going back on myself to washington services.looking forward to my first outing now,barr the basics is there anything eles in particular i need ?

No mate, the usual things are items for recovery but I carry tow straps, waffle boards etc and to be honest Smoggy and his "monster truck" are more than capable of recovering Jimnys.

Ian

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds