BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Ext Roll Cage - Well If Two Girls Can Do It..

• Countryboy03
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2012 22:55 #44933 by Countryboy03
Ext Roll Cage - Well If Two Girls Can Do It.. was created by Countryboy03
Following on from my previous thread about cages I've been quoted crazy cash (and not been quoted at all :blink: ) so Im going to build one - it's not that i don't have the cash, i'd just rather buy a new welder, a hydraulic pipe bender, a notcher and a few lengths of pipe.

I know there's a lot of opposition to a 'make your own cage' but I can weld and my pal can bend pipe - i've looked though numerous home built cage threads with lot's of decent info and tbf it'll be a 'tree slider' cage - im under no illusion that if the worst happens it isn't going to save the truck/me but im not Mad Max!

Looking @ youtube videos, heres a couple of girls having a (good) go:

Im going to make my version of r_ogilvy cage (user on here among other sites) that he built for his jimny seen half way down the page here:

www.shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15767

I've got it pretty much nailed in my head but any advise from people who've had a go yourself very much welcome ;)

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JimnyX19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2012 10:43 #44944 by JimnyX19
My mate makes them internal and external 300 a time good job tho I'm havin it done after I get my lift kit

More
26 Jul 2012 12:48 #44946 by kirkynut
Looks good - add a bar across the front screen though, even if removeable - will stop it pushing in to the body so much if you do plop it on it's side or hit a tree hard on the front of the cage. Min'es so much more rigid with it.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
26 Jul 2012 16:44 - 26 Jul 2012 16:46 #44952 by supergaz

My cage is by KAP, The changes I would like to make is to add an internal cross bar, add bars just top and bottom of rear window. To allow me to rub the top corner hard against trees.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jul 2012 16:46 by supergaz.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2012 17:05 #44955 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: Ext Roll Cage - Well If Two Girls Can Do It..

is mine just to give you more idear
Attachments:

• stevedumptruck63
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jul 2012 17:47 #44961 by stevedumptruck63
Replied by stevedumptruck63 on topic Re: Ext Roll Cage - Well If Two Girls Can Do It..
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationdo you think these internal cages are worth a punt,i supose you can add to it to your requirements

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jul 2012 12:59 #44991 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Ext Roll Cage - Well If Two Girls Can Do It..

here's one of ours designed by Offroad armoury
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds