BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

HELP! How to find parts?

• Garet
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2012 01:04 #44002 by Garet
HELP! How to find parts? was created by Garet
I live in the Dominican Republic and its difficult to find parts for my 2005 Jimny. It’s cheaper for me to order from the US because I have a currier address there. I can have things shipped to the US address and a currier brings it here for a further cost. The problem is I can't find parts on a US site. Surely they have Jimnys there? Are Jimnys only available in certain countries?!

Why are part numbers such a secretive thing? Why doesn't Suzuki have on line manuals for each model and a person can look up their vehicle and then find the part number they need? Then, they can contact on-line stores and ask for the correct part. This seems logical.

Why do I have to give my VIN # to a parts store to get the correct part? What is in the VIN # that identifies the type of vehicle I have and its parts and why can't I just go to a Suzuki web site and do the search?

Every time I’m looking for a part I have to register, send a butt load of info and sit around for a few days until the store searches for my part. It doesn’t seem to make sense from a business point of view. Why not let the customer do the work?

While I’m on the topic of things that don’t make sense…we are in the computer age now and almost everyone has one. How come when you buy a car they don’t give you a CD that you can load into your laptop and then plug your lap top into your car and do your own diagnostic? Then you don’t have to depend on a mechanic to jerk you around.

I obviously don’t understand the logic involved in the car business. Is it that the automobile companies owe more to the parts stores and mechanics then the people who buy their product and that is why they don’t share this info? I don’t understand. Can someone explain the thinking involved?

By the way, I’m trying to find the in tank fuel pump module (that contains the fuel filter) for a 2005 Jimny, Motor type M13A 16 valve. If you hold the secret on how I can find this seemingly simple thing please let me know.

Actually, I got a “funny” story about why I need this part: When I first bought my Jimny I noticed that it was hesitating so I thought I’d just stop off at the mechanic and have him change the gas filter. Simple, right? I mean a gas filter, on most cars, is nothing to change. Well, when I go back the guy tells me the Jimny has no gas filter. He said he had to drop the fuel tank and pull the pump housing out and that the fuel filter is in the housing. I thought he was jerking me around. Apparently he tried to blow it clean or something and the filter paper got all waded up so he had to cut the housing open, take out the paper and seal it up again with epoxy. So basically I’m was driving around with no gas filter while trying to track another one down. That is, I was driving around, because now the thing won’t start. I imagine the injectors or something are all plugged up. Well, I’m not even going to fix it till I track down a new fuel housing. That is, if I can find one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds