BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Help me keep faith! Plus wanted add.

• ryansjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Feb 2010 16:28 #2179 by ryansjimny
Help me keep faith! Plus wanted add. was created by ryansjimny
After repairing pretty much all 4 corners of the car with new bearings and seals (to be fair did land a nice price bearing and seal off here :cheer: ) , I had to do a my O/S CV for the second time since september, then the vacuum locking hubs naff up, soon to be swithed to manuals. my clutch then goes... thats fixed. Great.
Then... Front diff completely fails (insides reduced to iron fillings) and requires a total rebuild!

So, anyone got a Jimny breaking? cheap front axle to sell? I can pick up within reasonabe distance just need a bargain...

Sorry for the rant. Cheers.

PS anyone looking on here trying to decide whether or not to get a Jimny, dont be disuaded lol, go for it! They are awesome bombproof little machines, its just me I kill even the toughest cars!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
04 Feb 2010 16:47 #2180 by funkyjimny
Where are you? i might know of an axle in kidderminster area

Gary

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
04 Feb 2010 18:57 #2190 by funkyjimny
Yep, Front Axle from 1999 manual jimny with diff and shafts but no calipers. £100.
Let me know if your interested

Gary

More
06 Feb 2010 15:16 #2206 by mcjimny
I feel your pain!!!!!!

I've done the kingpins and a CV took it off road not long after, then a rear bearing went (i had to do the same one twice thanks to an expensive mistake-long story) put new shoes in and a new cylinder.
Now the clutch has gone and i'm reasonably sure the front bearings on its way out judging by some of the noises it was making through the bad weather.
If i used it more often off road and was having more fun when things bust i'd not mind so much.
Mines done about 57k and all i can put it down to is that its had an easy life before i got hold of it and of course all the crap off road has accelerated the wear on already worn parts.

When its all working and i'm up to the doors in mud she's putting a smile on my face and at these times she can be forgiven!

As the saying goes: Wheels or t!ts, it'll be expensive

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

More
08 Feb 2010 15:31 #2232 by Baz2236
Can't help you with a front axle but don't worry about breaking it as the fun you have in it out weighs the time you spend scratching your head thinkIng how am I gonna fix that. It could be worst you could have a land rover and spend every weekend fixing it.

I have spent hours messing with my jimny and enjoy it as much as getting it muddy.

• ryansjimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Feb 2010 18:01 #2235 by ryansjimny
Replied by ryansjimny on topic Re:Help me keep faith! Plus wanted add.
All valid points! Gary, any chance of a phone number or setting something up with this guy? i'm interested in the axle. Thanks for finding out.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
More
08 Feb 2010 18:25 #2236 by funkyjimny
Email me on This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll send you his details.

Gary

More
09 Feb 2010 17:12 #2243 by tiny
I dont no what you lot are doing to your jimnys lol!!!!!I have an 04 plate jimny and give it some right hammer off and on road and i have only had to put two rear bottom shocker bushs in for the mot. Ive had it just over 12 months now must be a good one.Anybody going to tong on sunday.

More
09 Feb 2010 17:35 #2244 by mlines
Shall I put the spare parts in the post to you now, Tiny? You have just cursed your Jimny!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds