BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2 inch spring lift

• jimnyjim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jan 2011 19:58 #10358 by jimnyjim
2 inch spring lift was created by jimnyjim
hi im a new member from plymouth havent had my 2004 jimny that long i use it mostly on road but like a little play off road :) if i got a 2inch spring kit would i need to get the adjuster bars as ive herd when you lift jimnys the axle moves over :unsure: or should i get spring spacer kit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 20:24 - 25 Jan 2011 20:29 #10360 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift
2 inch spring lift will be ok,it's with the 3 inch lift you have to extend the panhard rods.B)
Hope this helps .
I have 1.5 inch spring spacer with 205/75/15.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 25 Jan 2011 20:29 by dirtydogz.

• jimnyjim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jan 2011 20:45 - 25 Jan 2011 21:12 #10361 by jimnyjim
Replied by jimnyjim on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift
thanks for the reply mate ive got 195/15 kumho kl71 mt on but standard suspension, do the spring spacers make much difference ? how does it handle , whats it like in high winds, can you see the hight once fitted ? where did you get yours from cheers jim :)
Last edit: 25 Jan 2011 21:12 by jimnyjim. Reason: mistakes

More
26 Jan 2011 07:17 - 26 Jan 2011 09:24 #10368 by dirtydogz
Replied by dirtydogz on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift

Attachment 056.JPG not found

WITH 205/70/15

WITH 205/75/15

Attachment DSCF1286.JPG not found

Helps if you go for bigger tyres,Handles OK in high winds,Ride is a little bit harder but I like it that way.
Will give you a 1.5 inch lift as you can see with the 205/70/15.
Spacers are from BITS4VITS or BIG JIMNY about £84+vat.
DIRTYDOGZ.www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/index.php

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2011 09:24 by dirtydogz.

• jimnyjim
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2011 11:40 #10372 by jimnyjim
Replied by jimnyjim on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift
looks good may have to invest in them beauties :) thank you for your help i will look around get some then will post some pics of my jimny with them fitted thankjs again :)

• Strek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2011 16:45 #10385 by Strek
Replied by Strek on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift

dirtydogz wrote: 2 inch spring lift will be ok,it's with the 3 inch lift you have to extend the panhard rods.

Sure about this? I have a feeling I have read somewhere that this might be individual from car to car, and different liftkits etc. Can anyone confirm that its not needed on 2"?

I have just received my 2" procomp kit, but I havent had the money for adjustable panhard rods yet. If I dont need them, I dont have to wait to install the kit! If so: Great!!!

More
26 Jan 2011 17:25 #10387 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift
Jimnybits +2 inch springs and shocks on mine with standard panhard rods, I've not measured but ther's no obvious offset of the axles.

Attachment CIMG0689.JPG not found

Attachment CIMG0690.JPG not found

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.
Attachments:

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Jan 2011 18:59 #10394 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: 2 inch spring lift
you can still use the jimny anyway untill you get the cash for panhards (if needed)

ive got a 3" lift and havnt fitted panhards yet.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds