BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

restoration after 10 years in the driveway

More
18 Jun 2021 14:29 #235916 by Mr CC
a tip for people changing oil in the transfer box and gear box. 
I didnt have an oil pump so I rinsed out a fairy liquid bottle, and stuck about half a metre of clear petrol tubing on it.
after thoroughly washing out the bottle, when it dried I half filled it with the new gear oil, shook it around and pumped it out into an old oil bottle.
took a bit more time, but made me a tool that enabled me to get the job done and saved a few quid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2021 17:26 #235927 by RainerK
I can really recommend a fat based treatment, actually for the whole Jimny but even more so inside the frame. The fat does not dry out and if there is scratch it will flow back over the scratch as soon as it gets a little warmer and over time it will creep everywhere.
The disadvantage is that whenever you have to work there the hands get really sticky. A common disadvantage to all inside treatments is that in case you have to weld they might start to burn.

More
20 Jun 2021 14:22 #235984 by Mr CC
thanks, I read up about lanolin as well as dinitrol and waxoyl. going to stay with the oil at the moment. probably next summer I will do a more permenant job.

More
02 Aug 2021 23:35 #237270 by Mr CC
The greatest of news, the Jimny passed its MOT a couple of weeks ago, No fails and no advisories. MOT inspector remarked, I cant find anything wrong with it, everything has been done already. I am in a state of extreme pleasantness :) 

I have been running around with new found freedom and seeing it through the tightening up stage. had a couple of nuts loosen off a bit but keeping checking and all good so far. seems to have settled in.

Had the garage flush and fill the diffs with new oil, and renew the plug on the rear,
he jim now has all new fluids throughout.

sound system is up and running but a few speakers to replace to get it sounding extra sweet.

will post pics when I get a chance over the next few days.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Aug 2021 04:55 #237274 by Lambert
Excellent news. All the effort is now bringing reward.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Aug 2021 08:02 #237277 by Soeley
Great news, such a good feeling when all your hard work pays off 

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds