× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Dave's "S200KYS" Jimny 'laner Build...

• wombat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2015 20:42 #156522 by wombat
Replied by wombat on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :woohoo: :laugh:
The topic has been locked.
  • Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Nov 2015 20:50 #156523 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...

S200KYS wrote: Thanks Guys :(

On a brighter note... Who's been asked to retail Zanfi's products? :ohmy: B)

Excellent!!! hurry up then Dave Christmas is coming and I need to do my list ;)
  • Rockwatt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2015 12:02 #156546 by Rockwatt
Replied by Rockwatt on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
Zanfi prices ! Only the Italians have the nerve to charge €1100 for a set of Chinese gears and a mounting cradle . My sums says thats about £800 for £380 set of gears lol.
More
18 Nov 2015 14:45 #156558 by X8GGY
Hmmm...

I managed to get the pitman arm off today -

Forcibly in the end as there was no way it wanted to come off...

But...

Having got the Zanfi drop pitman arm on, the steering bar and the rod end are sitting almost on top of the panhard rod... which is obviously not going to work as if the passenger side of the axle rises up it's going to cause the panhard to foul on the steering arm?... :(

That's how close it is?!

Compare that to the left hand drive installation -

Currently looks like I may have to take it all off again?...

Lucky there's a pitman arm donor on the drive -

:unsure:
More
18 Nov 2015 15:28 #156563 by Jezz
The panhard rod repositioning braket on yours Dave looks shorter than the one in the left hooker photo, Judging by the bolt holes of the original panhard position to the new dropped position. It could just be an optical delusion or photo trickery?

It's been fettled just a tad.
More
18 Nov 2015 15:36 #156567 by Jezz
Having looked at the Zanfi site pictures it would appear they are the same.

More
18 Nov 2015 17:34 #156585 by X8GGY
Thanks Jezz, yes it is the same...

I'm thinking of dropping the panhard rod drop bracket another inch, just talking suspension geometry with Redacted , the god of gearing ;)
More
19 Nov 2015 09:36 #156639 by X8GGY
A couple of photos from yesterday...

You can see how parallel to each other that the panhard and drag link are, but very close where the steering rod end is connected to the dropped pitman arm (as in photos above)

But judging by this photo I reckon I can drop the panhard mount another inch and line everything up better and avoid them fouling when the suspension articulates...?
More
19 Nov 2015 12:37 - 19 Nov 2015 12:38 #156644 by X8GGY
Hmmm... flash of inspiration whilst staring at photos above...

Would a (JimnyBits) left hand drive panhard fix the problem? :woohoo: :silly:
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Nov 2015 12:38 by X8GGY.
  • Funky Diver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Nov 2015 22:23 #156682 by Funky Diver
Replied by Funky Diver on topic Dave's (Bits4Vits) Jimny 'laner Build...
And a shiney new rear one into the bargain :D
More
19 Nov 2015 22:34 #156684 by Jezz
I don't think it would make any difference. Just out of interest have you measured the drop on the bracket and pitman arm?

More
20 Nov 2015 06:58 #156691 by X8GGY

Jezz wrote: I don't think it would make any difference. Just out of interest have you measured the drop on the bracket and pitman arm?

Yes, the 'kink' is the wrong way :(

Mine really needs a kink the other way to go under the drop pitman, not around it...

... enter Redacted , with the offer of making a custom one to suit! B) I'll be measuring for it on Sunday...

Yes Jezz, both the panhard drop bracket and the dropped pitman arm are approx 75mm / 3" drop... I've no doubt they would work on a left-hand drive vehicle as in Zanfi's photo, but the right-hand drive seems to be a little different!

As Funky-Diver says (Welcome to the forum by the way! ;) ), Redacted 's making me a pair, so yes indeed, "a shiny rear one into the bargain", plus I can then sell on the JB ones as a pair too :cheer:

My Christmas present is also on order from Mr. Redacted ... a shiny new transfer box and cradle... a 4.87:1 / 1.63:1 ratio, to fix my large tyres... I've gone from 29" to 31" which is a 7% rise, so if I go from a 1.5:1 (high side) on the rocklobster, and go 7% that's 1.605, so it should restore my road manners back to their once almost perfect onroad gearing... and the low side will be a little lowerer for the offroad side of things :)

Plus it will be having a few other nicities of course, a new toothed ring to make the speedo read right at 31" tyres, a two wheel drive low option via the stick, and... hmmm... there was something else?... Hmmm, we'll have to see... ;)

Oooh, teaser! :silly:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds