BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Mud terrains are only the start...

• ROCKOZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2014 00:10 - 13 Mar 2014 00:23 #108405 by ROCKOZ
Mud terrains are only the start... was created by ROCKOZ

After looking on and off for a while I went to test drive a Jimny at my local Suzuki garage and decided against the idea on the size of it, lack of power and the size of me.
That was the Saturday. Saturday night I'd realised I won the Jimny, now named Freddo. That night I advertised my awesome Honda Accord Type R. Had a call that night about it, viewing Sunday and picked the Jimny up that evening. Monday morning the guy's driving away my pride and joy and I'm left with this!!!

The same Monday, the day after purchase a mate of mine mentioned to me he had his old Jimny still sat around which he'd cut and folded the roof off and left to sit in a field for years. Lovely. He said I could have whatever I wanted off it...Snorkal thanks.
Went for lunch and thought I'd best test the articulation and general off road ability as standard.
I must say I was very impressed!!

Definitely decided I want to make it a little more aggressive so that night, the day after purchase I drove 240 mile round trip to pick up some mud terrains....

...and now the fun begins..with the ARB removed the wheels scrub/damage the front arches...
Currently got 2" suspension springs and shocks, braided ext hoses, a steering spacer, brake balance valve relocation bracket and a body lift in the post!!
It's a slippery down hill slope from here...
So much for a cheap toy/run around for my girlfriend!
Last edit: 13 Mar 2014 00:23 by ROCKOZ. Reason: Details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2014 07:24 #108416 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Mud terrains are only the start...
What size tires are they?

Im interested because a few people seem to think you can run 235 75s with no rubbing :lol:

• ROCKOZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2014 08:59 #108430 by ROCKOZ
Replied by ROCKOZ on topic Mud terrains are only the start...
215 75 15
The bloke who had them before reconed they never rubbed his...but he left his ARB on..
With the ARB removed they scrub..What's the point in running bigger tyres if you can't articulate properly without damage?

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2014 09:05 #108431 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Mud terrains are only the start...
Looks like the modding bug has bitten :) looks good so far, right touch getting the snorkel off your pal :)

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Mar 2014 09:11 #108432 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Mud terrains are only the start...
Seems to tie in with what most people say, some seem to believe 235 75 15s dont rub with no mods :lol: :lol:

There is no point :whistle:

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds