BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

New Jimmy owner saying hello.

• Mrtom73
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Dec 2018 23:50 #199374 by Mrtom73
New Jimmy owner saying hello. was created by Mrtom73
Hi all I've had my first jimny for 2 weeks and enjoying the drive. It's a 2000 model with the g13bb engine. I've noticed it's a bit rattly when accelerating is this normal?? I'm guessing it's not. To be fair it doesn't look like its had much maintenance in the past. I've replaced the plugs and air filter and will be carrying out an oil change and replacing the bodged exhaust currently fitted. An advice or tips with owning a jimny.

Thanks. Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2018 00:20 #199375 by Scimike
Hi Tom,
Hello and welcome.
Just about to hit 1 year with our Jimny and still having fun. Cant help with G13bb engine, but as a vehicle in general the bodywork and fittings rattle as you go. I would change the oil and fix the exhaust before you judge the engine noise. Plenty of good help on this site if you have any issues.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
24 Dec 2018 00:36 #199376 by Max Headroom
Greetings from the Cotswold Hills Mr.Tom!

I've got a convertible and it rattles and bangs like a good-un (but all convertible cars do that!)

Prevention better than cure so give it the TLC it may have been missing. When I got mine it got a full service that included draining and refilling all g'box and axle oils; brake fluid; and coolant.

I'm sure all will be ok.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Dec 2018 07:13 #199379 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. As others have said tlc first noise second, it may well disappear with the new exhaust.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds