BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Sell your bits!
NOTE: This is for members and their private sales/wants.
There are rules that suppliers have to follow (and many of you do follow the rules). However there have been a number of instances recently where "suppliers" have broken the rules.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum

Wanted: Gen 3 rear door handle surround

More
05 Aug 2021 07:07 #237312 by JAGtheman
Hi All - first post... just bought a 2008 Jimny as a small project (actually in very good condition pleased to say took a year to find) - I am looking for the chrome plastic surround that fits around the internal door handle on the rear door, no idea what it looks like as there are just holes where it used to be on the rear plastic panel. Any suggestions where I could find such a thing?  

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2021 14:30 #237328 by Scimike
Don't think they had anything fitted in the UK, possible accessory in other climates?
My 2009 is just the same, looks like something is missing around the internal door release tab..

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Aug 2021 14:32 #237329 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. I could be wrong but I don't think they came with a trim piece, certainly mine haven't had one.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
05 Aug 2021 17:55 #237333 by JAGtheman
Thanks Lambert - looking at the (inside) door handle, there is some form of indentation around it and there are small square holes which look like something clipped into there. Maybe some kind owner of a Gen 3 JLX+ (is that correct?) could have a quick look at his door tell me?... I am 65 and have owned many 4x4 vehicles during my career but this one..I dunno I feel like a kid with a new toy!

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual

More
05 Aug 2021 20:59 - 05 Aug 2021 21:02 #237335 by Scimike
A kind owner already looked. Mines a 2009 JLX+ and has never had anything fitted in the surrounding clip holes.
But I agree it does look like something should be fitted, but Suzuki have a habit of varying specifications around the world.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 05 Aug 2021 21:02 by Scimike.

More
08 Aug 2021 13:36 #237399 by JAGtheman
Many thanks for checking. I looked at old reviews of Gen 3 Jimnys on Youtube and not once could I see any surround there. I guess you are right, this fitting was not for our neck of the woods! Case closed, continue on my path of discovery!

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds