BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

First-time owner - help with radio please

More
15 Oct 2013 14:53 #86345 by gilburton

Flatfendweller wrote: That looks like the beastie - thanks very much
Any ideas:-
What is AS? (top right)
Is TA the traffic announcement?
Is there a way of making it stick to a station and auto-find the strongest signal?
Is there a clock function on this model?
If I find a station I like and just hold down a pre-set number, should it then be saved under that number (It doesn't seem to want to do this)
I'm guessing this is code protected, but don't know and don't have a code.
Really appreciate your help.

AS is auto store press and hold for 2 secs or longer and the station is stored to your preset channel eg 1 etc.
If you have a disp button (top right) press until you get a clock display then adjust the up/down arrows for time.
TA is indeed traffic announcement.
AF alternative frequency. If you switch this on (should say AF on the display) this should change to a stronger frequency if available from that station(all this is only on FM)

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flatfendweller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Oct 2013 16:22 #86361 by Flatfendweller
Replied by Flatfendweller on topic First-time owner - help with radio please
Many thanks gilburton - all helpful.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2013 11:19 #86833 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic First-time owner - help with radio please
Is this the manual you are after. I can't let you have the manual as I want to sell the unit (and the manual goes with it)

I can have a look when I get home to see how many pages are in English and get you a copy. Whereabouts in the world are you?

Attachments:

• Flatfendweller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2013 12:06 #86836 by Flatfendweller
I will message you - thanks

More
18 Oct 2013 14:02 #86849 by gilburton
Any success with the buttons?? ;)

• Flatfendweller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Oct 2013 15:53 #86864 by Flatfendweller
I only wish I had the time to look! Work week from hell and no chance to play with the Jimny when I get home. But, the weekend is nearly here and I will be pressing buttons all over the place :)

• Flatfendweller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Oct 2013 18:42 #87081 by Flatfendweller
Just want to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped. Finally got to spend some time in the Jimny today and pressed all the buttons - if you know what I mean! Think I have sorted it but a tad disappointed that my radio doesn't have a disp button and therefore no clock. There you go, can't have everything!
Still fades in a bit, but I think that is an aerial issue and when I have some pennies I think I will replace both the radio (really want a clock!) and the aerial but these things will have to wait.
Anyway - as a newbie and not very technically minded, just want to say thanks to everyone here for being so helpul :)

More
20 Oct 2013 08:09 #87151 by gilburton
Note that the Jimny has a non standard double din surround limiting your choice of alternatives.
There are posts on here about this!!

More
20 Oct 2013 17:54 #87222 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: Note that the Jimny has a non standard double din surround limiting your choice of alternatives.
There are posts on here about this!!

Yes I came across this today when I wanted to get the radio out and ended up taking off the complete front including clock and ciggy lighter socket. But mine has a Pioneer radio fitted even so and that is fairly common sizing or is it?? :unsure:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Flatfendweller
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Oct 2013 19:12 #87237 by Flatfendweller
I have read that there are problems replacing the radio - saw a few threads about it.
To be honest, I can't afford to change it anyway but as and whe I can I will be asking for help, that's for sure.
I hope I've posted a pic of the rubbish radio in my Jimny-and a rubbish picture of the Jimny to go with it.

Attachments:

More
20 Oct 2013 21:21 #87267 by helijohn

Flatfendweller wrote: I have read that there are problems replacing the radio - saw a few threads about it.
To be honest, I can't afford to change it anyway but as and whe I can I will be asking for help, that's for sure.
I hope I've posted a pic of the rubbish radio in my Jimny-and a rubbish picture of the Jimny to go with it.

Ooooh yes, that's very different from my dash.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Oct 2013 02:33 #87442 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic First-time owner - help with radio please
Hi flatfendweller. Your radio looks the same as the one taken out of my new Jimny. I changed mine because I wanted one with iPod / sd card reader. Before I changed it my other half changed the speakers ( they were rubbish). After the speakers were changed the sound difference was amazing. So it's not the unit, it's the speakers that are poor. I have seen better ones in an old 60's transistor radio!

Before giving up try a set of new speakers.

By the way your Jimny looks good.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds