× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

95’ JA22W, died while idle, currently no start.

More
11 Jun 2024 06:21 #256254 by PhoenicianSailor
Howdy ya’ll, new Jimny owner here. I bought a 95’ JA22W off a co worker last week and things have been fine up until today. I died while idling in a parking lot, and after a quick jump start by a friend and a trip to the nearest gas station it now currently won’t start at all regardless if we attempt to jump or not. 

The car does turn over and the battery and starter are both good according to the tests the mechanic did. The check engine light has been on so we coded it in the OBD1 port and got back a code 4-3 which comes back as a faulty knock sensor. We don’t think it’s the alternator either. 

The air filter is good and free of debris and the spark plugs have also been changed recently. Can a bad knock sensor cause like a mistiming or a no-start like this? I am not mechanically inclined at all so I’m turning to the good people here for help. Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds