× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Jimny unlock doors

More
30 Nov 2023 16:16 #252504 by Dimitris
Jimny unlock doors was created by Dimitris
Hello
I got a Jimny 2005. It has no remote control to unlock the doors but when I unlock the driver s door with the key, it unlocks all the doors. Propably there is some kind of motor to the passenger door and the rear one. Is there a motor to the driver s door too?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2023 16:30 #252507 by Phaeton
Replied by Phaeton on topic Jimny unlock doors
I'm hoping so, I've just would a Chinese unit to open/closing unit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dimitris

More
30 Nov 2023 16:39 #252509 by Darthblaker7474
Replied by Darthblaker7474 on topic Jimny unlock doors
When you unlock the driver's door by putting the key in the lock, and all the doors unlock as well, you have central locking fitted.

You may be able to retrofit the remote central locking module to your car, and then just programme a new set of buttons to it.

More
30 Nov 2023 19:17 #252517 by Dimitris
Replied by Dimitris on topic Jimny unlock doors
I found this diagram. If it is right then I see that the motor is using two cables so it will be easy to make ot work 
Attachments:

More
30 Nov 2023 19:53 #252519 by Phaeton
There are 2 different motors from the diagrams I've seen, 2 wire & 4 wire.

More
02 Dec 2023 17:17 #252584 by Dimitris
Replied by Dimitris on topic Jimny unlock doors
Yes but I think red and black cables are the motors voltage. The other two are like position sensor

More
02 Dec 2023 17:43 #252586 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny unlock doors
Each door has a motor to lock/unlock, it sort of kicks the mechanism open or closed. Turning the key in the drivers door mechanical kicks the mechanism and then closes a switch contact which locks/unlocks the other doors.

I would have thought a 2006 would have the central locking control box and all that is missing is the transmitter key. If you get a key you will need to program it in.

You are right about the two wires, I tapped in to mine and put a latching relay on them, when the doors are unlocked they close the latching relay and it starts up my stereo head unit and then switches off the stereo when I close the doors, rather than from the ignition which is the more common line to use. Idisthis mostly as the head unit takes 30 seconds or so to start up, but also so I can have the stereo on without the ignition switched on.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
04 Dec 2023 19:38 #252623 by Phaeton

More
04 Dec 2023 23:21 #252627 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Jimny unlock doors

I would have thought a 2006 would have the central locking control box and all that is missing is the transmitter key. If you get a key you will need to program it in. 

Robin

I thought so too and bought one original fob and tried to get it programmed, but nope. 
Then the suzuki shop tried, but appears many jimnys come without any reciever. 

Not difficult to hook up the aftermarket unit. 

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds