BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re:Suzuki gen 4 2021 MODEL .low range

More
30 Mar 2022 11:07 #242575 by chrisbenadie
Hi
I have the following problem with 30k on the clock
When low range is engaged,and travelling down hill,in 2nd or 3rd gear ,the low range gear lever disengage by itself.
I have tested it with low range 2nd gear and hill Decent ,after a while it disengage.This has happened 4 times already,the dealer  said they have never had this problem.Anybody experienced this?
Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2022 11:44 #242577 by 300bhpton
I had issues with mine jumping out of low range. Dealer replaced the transfer box. More info in my thread (sorry can't recall which page).

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...og-mods-build-thread

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
30 Mar 2022 11:59 #242578 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum. It jumping out of range not gear? I assume it is otherwise unmodified no body lift or anything? Usually in the earlier versions this happens because of a body lift stopping the lever from fully engaging the gears. Do you use the lever regularly to keep it free? Do you spend a lot of time in mud that could bind up the linkage/mechanism?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
10 Apr 2022 19:32 #242841 by Dan
Mine was in 1st gear in 4Low with hill descent control switched on and jumped to 4High today. Seems like a relatively serious safety failing if you were on a dangerous drop.

More
10 Apr 2022 22:06 #242844 by crash486
The lever actually moves from 4L to 4H or is it the hill descent turning off because of heat?

crash486 JB74W

More
11 Apr 2022 14:07 #242855 by Dan
The lever jumps out from 4low ro 4high all on its own. Was using the hill descent control for a minute or two going 50 meters down a steep gravely track, so it's unlikely to be heat related.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
11 Apr 2022 15:30 #242856 by Lambert
Reading here it seems that it's not unheard of and Suzuki have replaced a transfer case because of it.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Apr 2022 08:49 #242884 by Gadget
Mine has done that before. If you pull it back with a normal amount of force it will go into 4L, then jump out after driving for a bit. Solution for me was to REALLY yank it hard into 4L, then it stays put.

More
13 Apr 2022 13:09 #242886 by Aff266
Mine does it as well.
New in March 22 and done 800 miles.
It think it tends to disengage on the over run.
Using 4low on the fields to see if it settles down, and I do think it is better now.
I am also being REALLY firm when engaging Low, and if using hill decent would probably keep my hand on the lever.
Will probably make use of the 2000 mile/2 month checkup and see what they say.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds