BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

G series to M series motor swap

More
13 Jul 2020 12:00 #224990 by Old Neil

Keithy wrote: Chassis is the same.....James has an M13A in his originally G series car.....turbo and intercooler fitted too it has a Megasquirt ECU controlling it.

Not sure if the intermediate propshaft is different.

Nothing is impossible.

I'm impressed with the amount modifications people on this forum have achieved

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Probablynotfrank
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Jul 2020 13:09 #224998 by Probablynotfrank
Replied by Probablynotfrank on topic Re:G series to M series motor swap
I'm planning something similar with a Vitara gearbox onto my M15a, as my R72 is on its last legs and I've got a Vitara gearbox and transfer box (with front output removed) sitting about.

More
14 Mar 2022 19:48 #242318 by steele
Instead of starting a new thread I'll ask this here in the hopes of some insight! It's about the two engine types.
I don't need a gearbox but will need the engine to fit to it.
My 2004 Jimny needs a new engine to drop in, she has an M13A .
Can I buy ANY engine including the G series, and give them to mechanic to put in my Jimny or should I keep looking until I find the same year M13A? 
They're so scarce in Ireland. I've found a G type and two others of different years. TIA

​​​​​

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Mar 2022 05:21 #242326 by Lambert
It's definitely much easier to use a similar type even if it's a different year.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 Mar 2022 06:28 #242327 by yakuza
You will definatley need to get a m13a engine. the G will not fit. not only the gearbox but also the electronics and sensors will be a major headache.
However in Ireland there might be other Suzukis with the m13, m15 or m16-engine. More or less any non-VVT m13, m15 or m16 engine will do. My car has a Liana engine.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds