BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Bonnet Catch/Latch

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Feb 2016 22:40 #162204 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch
Yeah it's the aircon fan that doesn't bloody work at the moment for some reason, think it's number 12 on my list of things to do :woohoo: :woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dirtylanes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2016 20:27 #162241 by dirtylanes
Replied by dirtylanes on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch
Ok Chaps thanks for the reply re electric fan! I see it now ( I haven't got air con.) but I am thinking of fitting an electric fan to replace the
original.

More
11 Feb 2016 23:45 #162259 by facade
Replied by facade on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch

dirtylanes wrote: Ok Chaps thanks for the reply re electric fan! I see it now ( I haven't got air con.) but I am thinking of fitting an electric fan to replace the
original.

Why replace something that works perfectly well with more to go wrong?

I suppose that you can disable an electric fan when you take it swimming and stop water flinging all over the engine, but you shouldn't really be going that deep......

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• MikeB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2016 17:12 #162376 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch
Will have to give it a wash first bit dirty at the moment I don't have AC on mine just OW open window works well, took the back seats out ass have a dog and the front seats are a little small for her to sit in.

More
15 Feb 2016 18:42 #162442 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch

dirtylanes wrote: Ok Chaps thanks for the reply re electric fan! I see it now ( I haven't got air con.) but I am thinking of fitting an electric fan to replace the
original.

Now then, I was thinking of doing the same to my Junior so I put on a question to see if I could get away with using the aircon fan and then mentioned fitting a leccy one to replace the viscous. One or two of the replies I got were a little bit OTTP,

@ post 14.

www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=162680&highlight=

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
20 Jul 2022 14:34 #244174 by Gjimny
Replied by Gjimny on topic Bonnet Catch/Latch
Hiya, did you manage to just get the secondary spring or did you have to get the whole catch? Mine has just gone and don’t really want to have to get the whole catch of i don’t have to!

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds