BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

4wd light

More
21 Sep 2008 20:40 #178 by bazwidajimny
4wd light was created by bazwidajimny
hi guys been out off-roading today, been through some deep bogs. when i came out put it back in 2wd, 4wd light went out but didnt hear the free-wheeling hubs click out. when i put it back into 4wd-the light didnt come on but still had 4wd. then the light started to flash??..?? i think the hubs are not diss-engaging, any ideas on what it is and how to fix??..??
thanks guys
bazz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2008 20:51 #179 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:4wd light
Usual one is you have split or ripped the vacuum pipes. If they were really deep you may have filled the solenoids with crap, these are located under the fuses by the battery. Or you may have mud in the hubs which will mean a strip and clean.

Check the pipes first

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Sep 2008 18:17 #182 by bazwidajimny
Replied by bazwidajimny on topic Re:4wd light
thanks ill have a better look 2 mozz is thear a way ov locking them permenantly or is thear a manual free wheel hub that will fit like sj or is thear new 1s out thear 2 buy

More
22 Sep 2008 19:18 #185 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:4wd light
SJ manual hubs fit but you need to get a space ring made up. I have not seen it but a number of people have done it, apparently the spacer needs to be around 5-6mm.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Sep 2008 19:59 - 23 Sep 2008 17:08 #186 by bazwidajimny
Replied by bazwidajimny on topic Re:4wd light
iv heard u can weld up the hub so they're in all the time. any idea how this done m8? pics would b great. sj hubs do they need 2 be off a 413 or will 410 1s fit as well whot about manual free wheeling hub of an sj will thay fit and whot about vitara 1s got 2 try and get it fixt for the weekend. thanks
bazz
Last edit: 23 Sep 2008 17:08 by bazwidajimny.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds