× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Jimny Owner! Flashing 4WD Light!? Pics!

• Gaz-M
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2011 09:56 #10804 by Gaz-M
Hi folks, just bought a Jimny so a new member on here! :)

Just realised in 4WD the light flashes after around 20 seconds. Seen ive to check vaccum hoses and found 2 rusted through pipes. Replaced these with brake piping (Pressuming thats sufficient?) and problem still there.

Someone previously appears to have been mucking around with vaccum stuff under battery and has a vaccum pipe missing from a grey solenoid (Unless its an exhausting port?) and the same solenoid is loose and has had its wiring extended.

Heres a few pics of said bits, does all appear connected as it should? Any common faulty parts?

If anybody could compare that would be greatfully appreciated. Just so i know everythings where it should be!

Heres a pic of the wee beauty!

:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2011 10:04 #10807 by mlines
For instructions and "compare" pictures take a look here...

www.bigjimny.com/images/documents/Check_the_vacuum_system.pdf

Then when you get cheesed off with playing with them then look here...

www.bigjimny.com/images/documents/fitting_SJ_manual_hubs.pdf

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Gaz-M
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Feb 2011 12:01 #10824 by Gaz-M
Perfect thanks!

I actually have a set of Vitara manual hubs ive just reconditioned if they fit the same?

Also, fitting manual lockers wouldnt solve the flashing light which would drive me insane, so how would i go about fixing that?

Cheers!

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds