× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Vacuum hose to hub

More
16 Sep 2024 15:24 #257537 by Weejimmy
Vacuum hose to hub was created by Weejimmy
After getting stuck on a field today when my Jimmy wouldn’t go into 4x4 I’ve found that the hose that connects to the rear of the wheel hub had come off. When I push it back on 4x4 light comes back on presumably working as it should. Problem I have is I don’t know how to get it back on the valve tightly.

Do I just add the end of the hose to boiling water and allow it mold back on when it shrinks back? 

squeeze a jubilee clip on? There’s very little space. 

or Is something more dramatic required? 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 Sep 2024 16:40 #257538 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Vacuum hose to hub
They are just a push fit, assuming that it isn't perished/split.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 Sep 2024 16:44 #257539 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Vacuum hose to hub
They just push on and there should be some plastic clips on the hub which secure the pipe in place and stop it moving when the wheel is turned. Normally they are quite tight, but I had to use some silicone spray to get two of mine back on and this tends to make them more slippery.

I did put some small cable ties on mine, but only because one of my clips had gone soft.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
16 Sep 2024 17:37 #257540 by Weejimmy
Replied by Weejimmy on topic Vacuum hose to hub
It doesnt seem to be perished but there isnt much room around the valve to push it right down and fits very loosely if that makes sense.not sure if its clear in the pic. 
Attachments:

More
16 Sep 2024 19:21 #257541 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Vacuum hose to hub
There isn’t much space around the stem,but it looks like there is a fair bit of rust/crud on the hub. You might try to clean some of this off.

However when the pipe is pushed on does it go all the way down? If it does and the plastic clip on top of the hub is still in place it should stay put (it’s a vacuum, not pressure and this will help it pull in place) and not come off, unless as Lambert says the rubber has perished.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds