× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Front Runner rack gen 4 Jimny.

More
11 Apr 2024 11:33 #255531 by Dodger
Hi, does anybody use a front runner rack and transport a mountain bike on it?
Is it safe and secure enough?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2024 14:51 #255535 by Busta
The maximum roof load for a Jimny is 30kg. The Frontrunner rack alone weighs 25kg. It's built for much heavier vehicles with higher load capacities and not very well suited to the lightweight nature of a Jimny.
If you go with normal roof bars you will have a much better choice of bike racks and they will leave you with enough load capacity to safely carry a bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dodger

More
13 Apr 2024 06:45 #255544 by Bob9863
I got just the load bars for mine, that way I can put the traction boards on the roof and a tent cot and not go over the ridiculous load limit.
It should be fine if all you are carrying is a couple of bikes

More
19 Apr 2024 06:39 #255662 by RumbleAndSway
Frontrunner roof bars [x2] with their front fork and rear wheel clamps for me. Solid solution.

I’d prefer something which didn’t require removal of the front wheel but a 29er too wide for a tow hitch carrier imo.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds