BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now closed at 148 vehicles!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Is this one of you lot pulling an Audi out of a ford?

More
27 Oct 2023 08:59 #251790 by Soeley
Some people buy the raised air intake just for the looks 

I have no intention of ever actually "needing" it 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2023 09:45 #251791 by saxj
My snorkel on my Gen 3 saved me a couple of engines. I don't habitually take on deep water, but I have had at least 2 occasions where I ended up in deep water unintentionally.

The direction the snorkel faces has no real bearing on how much dust is sucked in, but I did drive through a swarm of flying ants which instantly clogged the air filter. Since then the preferred direction is facing backwards. 

More
27 Oct 2023 10:58 #251794 by Busta

​​​​​​They should make stick on snorkels for this market. It's so frustrating when you find a good clean Jimny for sale, almost standard except for the snorkel which can't be removed as it reveals the whopping great hole in the wing. It makes the car instantly worth £500 less to me.

More
27 Oct 2023 13:08 #251798 by 300bhpton

​​​​​​They should make stick on snorkels for this market. It's so frustrating when you find a good clean Jimny for sale, almost standard except for the snorkel which can't be removed as it reveals the whopping great hole in the wing. It makes the car instantly worth £500 less to me.
Hence the benefits of the Bravo Snorkel for the Gen 4. No holes need to be drilled and you can easily revert it back to looking standard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Busta, Soeley

• rogerzilla
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2023 13:35 - 27 Oct 2023 13:36 #251799 by rogerzilla
There's a precedent for a fake snorkel: the fake air scoop on the late Gen3.  Is it for an intercooler, or a massive Holley 4-barrel carb?  Take your pick!
Last edit: 27 Oct 2023 13:36 by rogerzilla.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Oct 2023 19:26 #251825 by Lambert
You leave the fake bonnet scoop out of this! It's a thing of inestimable beauty that brings light and joy to the masses!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget, Soeley

More
27 Oct 2023 21:02 - 27 Oct 2023 21:03 #251827 by jlines
I think nearly most 4x4s I see out on the roads with Snorkels have never actually gone near water or the mud. Most tend to be on tarted up defenders and d4 discovery’s. There’s no risk to someone buying my Jimny with the snorkel because as you know it doesn’t even go out in the rain 
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2023 21:03 by jlines.

More
28 Oct 2023 08:20 #251831 by Soeley
I'll admit, for me the Bravo Snorkel was purely a vanity purchase as I really like the look of it. And like said above you can remove it without leaving a trace it was there. But I'll never be selling my Jimny anyway 

More
28 Oct 2023 08:49 #251833 by Roger Fairclough
In my opinion, all drivers side snorkels impede, to some extent, vision past the "A" frame.

Roger

More
28 Oct 2023 09:02 - 28 Oct 2023 09:04 #251834 by Soeley
Can't tell it's there. Only the head slightly, but that doesn't obscure your view.

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2023 09:04 by Soeley.

More
28 Oct 2023 09:11 #251835 by jlines
I wouldn’t know my snorkel is there from looking out the window but then mine is pretty flush to the car with no snorkel head sticking out.

More
28 Oct 2023 09:33 #251836 by Roger Fairclough
It will depend on where you sit. A shorter person, sitting further forward, will see the edge of the snorkel.

Roger

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds