× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

rebuilt auto jimny gearbox

• booninup
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Sep 2023 11:41 #250704 by booninup
rebuilt auto jimny gearbox was created by booninup
Hi all, i have rebuilt my 1999 jimny non vvt g13bb   auto gearbox  and have done all the correct things  new clutches ,steels, bearings,  pistons,  all solenoids checked out at 11.7 ohms tested and all work  but i can only get  reverse and i think 4th gear . I have exhausted all i know and am now stumped,  can anyone with the knowledge  of how to remedy  reply thankyou ps one solenoid was broken so i replaced it 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Sep 2023 14:37 #250709 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic rebuilt auto jimny gearbox
I have yet to take mine apart so don't have any direct information but it sounds like a check valve could be either missing or backwards possibly?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• booninup
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Sep 2023 04:39 #250975 by booninup
Replied by booninup on topic rebuilt auto jimny gearbox
i have pulled the gearbox again ,opend it up nothing wrong two solenoids operate quick and sharp but two sound a little soft in their action all the ohm teste are 11.7 so all should be ok , i just cant put my finger on whats wrong away from the solenoids and i also found that it takes two goes to start to drive hence im leaning towards crook solenoids

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds