BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

radio upgrades

More
05 Aug 2021 12:07 #237323 by Coco BT
Replied by Coco BT on topic radio upgrades
****kin Legend. Member of the year candidate.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2021 12:49 #237327 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic radio upgrades
No worries. Only fiddly bit is configuring the multilead, where you have to select a manufacturer specific combination of cutting wire loops and selecting which fly lead to connect to the main harness. Straightforward if you have a stereo from a mainstream manufacturer.

Oh and tip - ground the 'park brake' wire to the chassis of the stereo, it avoids any weirdness where you can't use features of android auto or Apple carplay without the handbrake on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coco BT

More
09 Aug 2021 19:07 #237451 by tim04
Replied by tim04 on topic radio upgrades
Really helpful thread; I’m looking to fit a Pioneer SPH-DA160DAB in my new Jimny Commercial. Apart from the fascia, from connects2, what other leads should I buy? (will it be the same as previously listed on the thread?). I’m also looking to fit a reversing camera…any suggestions on make?

Thanks.

More
09 Aug 2021 20:31 #237453 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic radio upgrades
Yes, you'll need the leads/adapters mentioned previously, those will allow you to retain use of the steering wheel controls, DAB and FM antenna and the car USB socket.

I don't have any specific camera recommendations, you'll be able to fit any RCA connected camera, so no need for the overpriced Suzuki OEM camera and no adapter needed.

More
28 Aug 2021 13:58 #237957 by Coco BT
just fitted a pioneer head unit. I think I'm missing a Bluetooth harness/adaptor? as it's not active. DAB is dormant but always was crap, haven't taken it out for a drive yet. 

More
28 Aug 2021 19:38 #237972 by Coco BT
DAB full list of stations has appeared. Still no Bluetooth, I've emailed connections2

More
28 Aug 2021 20:09 #237973 by tim04
Replied by tim04 on topic radio upgrades
Which Pioneer head unit did you go for? I’m just about to buy one (and adapters) so interested in your experience.

More
28 Aug 2021 20:47 #237975 by Coco BT
the same one you're looking at. I'm not sure it's wired up correctly. Just viewed this
(slowed down and muted) 
the connection I thought I was missing is left unattached on his video too. Will have another play tomorrow, takes around 2 minutes to remove.  
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2021 21:17 #237979 by Coco BT

think I know what went wrong, I feel like going outside with a torch lol.

More
31 Aug 2021 12:37 #238059 by Coco BT
Don't buy the Pioneer. The factory Bluetooth will not work, volume, skip track etc does. I hard wired mine into the glove box and stuck the mic in the A-pillar. 
Given the choice, I would go with a Kenwood. 

Thank you for your enquiry. 

Unfortunately our interface will not retain the OEM (original) Microphone. You will need to use the Microphone provided with the Pioneer radio. As you are fitting a Pioneer radio the Bluetooth you will be using is the Bluetooth on the Pioneer, once the original radio has been removed the OEM (original) Bluetooth Will not longer function. 

Best Regards

More
31 Aug 2021 12:46 #238060 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic radio upgrades
Not sure what you mean "Factory Bluetooth will not work". As the factory bluetooth is removed with the exisitng radio this is only to be expected. You will use the Pioneer Bluetooth instead.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
31 Aug 2021 13:20 - 31 Aug 2021 13:27 #238061 by Coco BT
it works with the correct harnesses/adaptors, just not with the Pioneer head unit 

When you remove the head unit, the Car still retains the Bluetooth functionality, steering wheel controls, built-in mic etc
Last edit: 31 Aug 2021 13:27 by Coco BT.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds