BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

No MOT:(

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 15:40 #96806 by jonesyba420
No MOT:( was created by jonesyba420
just discovered ive been driving with no MOT since the 10th Dec :ohmy: :ohmy:

have seen loads of police around in their cars and have yet to be pulled over so shows how on it they really are (especially when i live fairly near a major(ish) police station)!! although from past experience (driving 8 months with no mot,let off with a slapped wrist) im not supprised really :cheer:

will be gettin it MOTed (at a garage my misses worked at) tomorrow so fingers crossed ;) ;)

will be interesting to see how it gets on with no ARB, leaky kingpins and wheel bearings that are starting to sound abit knackered :whistle:

hopefully it passes specially on top of x-mas!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Dec 2013 17:31 #96816 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic No MOT:(
With respect that is hardly a responsible attitude to take with regards to your and others safety is it? as motorists we have a duty of care to keep our cars in a road worthy condition all year not just for the annual test.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Stu stu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 17:40 #96817 by Stu stu
Replied by Stu stu on topic No MOT:(
My thoughts exactly, but immature and narrow minded, no wonder it costs me so much to insure 1 with an attitude like that, and it's nothing to brag about especially on a forum

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 18:49 #96833 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic No MOT:(

11/60 wrote: With respect that is hardly a responsible attitude to take with regards to your and others safety is it? as motorists we have a duty of care to keep our cars in a road worthy condition all year not just for the annual test.

road worthy condition mots arnt worth the paper thay are printed on mots are a wast of time mot is minimum standred i could pass your your car you could drive down the road get stopped by mr plod or miss plod and get 12 points. done for having rear side lights out. very badly damaged windscreen

It has been proven more people apeal against passed mot than faliures becouse people think mot standards are high but thay are as low as possable

• Stu stu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 18:58 #96836 by Stu stu
Replied by Stu stu on topic No MOT:(
will be gettin it MOTed (at a garage my misses worked at) tomorrow so fingers crossed ;) ;)

will be interesting to see how it gets on with no ARB, leaky kingpins and wheel bearings that are starting to sound abit knackered :whistle:

hopefully it passes specially on top of x-mas!!![/quote]

Think he was talking about this part not about the mot

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 19:11 - 19 Dec 2013 19:13 #96840 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic No MOT:(
If you saw some of the things that will pass an mot or how clueless some customers are too the condition of their car, you would appreciate that somebody missing an mot by little over a week is hardly relevant to your insurance costs.

Also let's not forget he spends a lot of time under the car carrying out work himself therefore has much higher chance of noticing, appreciating and understanding the condition of the vehicle and what is safe and what isn't.
And has a proffesional to refer to if he is unsure of anything.

The people that make our roads dangerous are the ones that get a ticket then don't do a damn thing to the car for another 365 days! Or the ones that don't even know how to fill a washer bottle let alone assess the condition of the tyres they're driving on!
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 19:13 by Wiltec17.

• GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 19:51 #96853 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic No MOT:(
I don't think he was bragging about it, just pointing out his oversight. I have forgotten before but as soon as I have realised I have got it sorted.

That does not make me unsafe, or mean I am going to kill scores of people, just a bit stupid and forgetful.

Long before my cars get to a dangerous state, they are fixed and kept roadworthy, certificate or no certificate.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 20:05 #96855 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic No MOT:(

jonesyba420 wrote: will be gettin it MOTed (at a garage my misses worked at) tomorrow so fingers crossed ;) ;)

Good luck with the test mate ;)

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 20:07 #96856 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic No MOT:(

GuardianAngel wrote: I don't think he was bragging about it, just pointing out his oversight. I have forgotten before but as soon as I have realised I have got it sorted.

That does not make me unsafe, or mean I am going to kill scores of people, just a bit stupid and forgetful.

Long before my cars get to a dangerous state, they are fixed and kept roadworthy, certificate or no certificate.

Got it in one, there was no bragging intended :laugh:

Both times were genuine oversites on my behalf, first time I brought tax over the phone on the day my mot ran out which the police agreed I shouldnt have been able to do,car pased the mot day after I got pulled with no work needed or any advisories so was clearly road legal.and this time it just slipped my mind have had a busy year setting up my own business,its booked in to be tested tomorrow rectifying my oversite asap.

I would never deliberately let my mot expire unless my car was sorn.

Was more highlighting how shocking the police are at picking people up despite how much they preach to us how good they are at finding illegal motorists............maybe im just lucky (wish my luck would apply to the lottery).

More
19 Dec 2013 20:10 #96857 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic No MOT:(
I think there should be a reminder like tax as I forget everything I don't know when my insurance runs out as I cant find the paper work and cant even remember who im with lol I got long time left tho

JIMNYLESS

• jonesyba420
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Dec 2013 20:29 #96859 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic No MOT:(

idiotmobil wrote: I think there should be a reminder like tax as I forget everything I don't know when my insurance runs out as I cant find the paper work and cant even remember who im with lol I got long time left tho

+1

More
19 Dec 2013 21:17 #96866 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic No MOT:(

jonesyba420 wrote:

idiotmobil wrote: I think there should be a reminder like tax as I forget everything I don't know when my insurance runs out as I cant find the paper work and cant even remember who im with lol I got long time left tho

+1

By this time next year the tax disk will disappear no visual reminder all done electronically much more likely to forget to renew!

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds