BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny lean spacer help

• Rodden87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 16:22 #82271 by Rodden87
Jimny lean spacer help was created by Rodden87
So after owning my jim for six months I'm getting more annoyed with its lean! Measuring from the top of front shock mount the drivers side is 1 inch lower than the passenger side! My quandary is I run 3 inch kap springs + 1.5 inch spring spacers. I did think about dropping to 1 inch spacers and going to a 2 inch spacers on the drivers side but I don't want to spend loads of cash on different spacers! So I thought about running a extra spacers in the drivers side 15mm wouldn't completely fix the lean but would help or a 25 mm spacers which should sort it although I'm a it concerned about running a 1.5 inch and 25 mm together has anyone tried this before with any success?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 18:46 - 05 Sep 2013 18:48 #82286 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Jimny lean spacer help
Thay all do it when lifted unless you have an uprated spring to compenstat

Or remove the 1" spacer from the passengers side
Last edit: 05 Sep 2013 18:48 by markyp2000.

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 18:50 #82288 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Jimny lean spacer help

Rodden87 wrote: So after owning my jim for six months I'm getting more annoyed with its lean! Measuring from the top of front shock mount the drivers side is 1 inch lower than the passenger side! My quandary is I run 3 inch kap springs + 1.5 inch spring spacers. I did think about dropping to 1 inch spacers and going to a 2 inch spacers on the drivers side but I don't want to spend loads of cash on different spacers! So I thought about running a extra spacers in the drivers side 15mm wouldn't completely fix the lean but would help or a 25 mm spacers which should sort it although I'm a it concerned about running a 1.5 inch and 25 mm together has anyone tried this before with any success?

Have you tried swapping the front springs? Or are they exactly the same length ?

And, if you are using spacers, why not loose the spacer in the tallest side.

• Rodden87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 19:24 #82292 by Rodden87
Replied by Rodden87 on topic Jimny lean spacer help
I can't really afford to loose any lift as the tire rub on flex as it! So I would like to know find a way of getting level without touching the other sides if that makes sense and I'm sure kap springs are the same length!

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 20:30 #82302 by markyp2000

Rodden87 wrote: I can't really afford to loose any lift as the tire rub on flex as it! So I would like to know find a way of getting level without touching the other sides if that makes sense and I'm sure kap springs are the same length!

Buy a set of offroad armoury spring as thay have the drivers side made longer to compensate for the lean if you get the 4" lift you can take your spacers out

More
05 Sep 2013 20:44 #82305 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Jimny lean spacer help
ORA won't supply just the springs. Best to call Jimnybits as they will supply the front springs where they have a longer offside front spring.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 20:53 #82307 by markyp2000

supergaz wrote: ORA won't supply just the springs. Best to call Jimnybits as they will supply the front springs where they have a longer offside front spring.

Well thats just shit so what if i brake a spring i cant get a new one :ohmy: :pinch: :blink: :( :angry: :unsure:

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Sep 2013 22:21 #82312 by TomDK

supergaz wrote: ORA won't supply just the springs. Best to call Jimnybits as they will supply the front springs where they have a longer offside front spring.

Who told you that?

I bought ORA springs only earlier this year because I wasn't sure what shocks I wanted and could afford. I ended up buying Rough Country N2.0 from ORA though :-)

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2013 15:51 #82361 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Jimny lean spacer help

Rodden87 wrote: I can't really afford to loose any lift as the tire rub on flex as it! So I would like to know find a way of getting level without touching the other sides if that makes sense and I'm sure kap springs are the same length!

just fit a spacer on the opposite end of the spring so you have one top and one bottom

bits4vits sell a single spacer in either orange or black

www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/jimny/spring-s...y-lean-/prod_43.html

• Rodden87
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2013 16:37 #82365 by Rodden87
Replied by Rodden87 on topic Jimny lean spacer help
Didn't realise you could do the has anyone tried it how we'll does it work?

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2013 17:53 #82373 by TomDK
It works in the exact same way as other spring spacers. Adding extra length to the spring.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2013 18:40 #82380 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Jimny lean spacer help
we've got spacers top and bottom on the front from when the previous guy had a warn 8274 on

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds