BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:What did you do to your jimny today?

More
11 Jul 2023 19:27 #249838 by yakuza
Got the new back box exhaust for my 39 year old Jimny today, so took out the old, and in with the new. Bought online and fit like a glove.

Also put the dash and steering column back together after giving up on trying to make the lights to switch off with the ignition.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2023 10:31 #250112 by Pete
Last Week:
Fitted 2" Avo suspension lift with SuperPro camber correction bushes.
Replaced front Calipers, Disks, and Pads
Installed front Tweeters

Yesterday:
Fitted a underseat subwoofer inPhase USW300.

Some pictures of the placements of the sub. I ran the battery cable through the bonnet release cable hole. The grommet just pulls out from the inside and can just fit another 10AWG cable along with the original.

Rocky | 2004 Gen3 M13a
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
01 Sep 2023 10:35 - 01 Sep 2023 10:41 #250618 by rogerzilla
Polished the horrible dull headlights.  Used the Philips kit but their polishing compound isn't fine enough, so finished the cutting with Meguiar's ScratchX.  Then added the Philips protector liquid.

The foglights are apparently real glass (maybe because the hot lamp is very close) and wouldn't polish at all.  The haze seems to be on the inside, probably from years of condensation.

File Attachment:
20230901_112601 by rogerzilla , on Flickr

File Attachment:
20230901_112549 by rogerzilla , on Flickr

Last edit: 01 Sep 2023 10:41 by rogerzilla.

More
01 Sep 2023 16:05 #250629 by Soeley
Today, I unblocked a headlight washer jet.
I noticed only the LH side was working, so knew it was blocked.
I checked the workshop manual and it said to remove the bumper, glad I crawled under first to see if access was possible.

Easy to get at once underneath.

It is worth clamping off the hose first, otherwise the screenwash just runs out like a tap.

Here is the nozzle, the housing is separate and doesn't need removing.

Attachments:

More
02 Sep 2023 10:03 #250638 by rogerzilla
Cracked off the brake bleed nipples ready for a fluid change.  Very, very difficult even with a purpose-designed 6 point brake nipple spanner and Plus Gas, but they are now moving and not rounded off.  Obviously not been moved for years. 

"Professional" mechanics can be such rogues - the fluid was allegedly changed in 2020 and two weeks ago.  I bet they just sucked the yellowed fluid out of the reservoir and topped up.

More
07 Sep 2023 20:37 #250712 by rogerzilla
Been spraying the two former rust spots (dents/scratches left to go bad) at the back of the car.  Looks better already, but needs cutting back and polishing in a fortnight's time, then it'll be finished.

More
08 Sep 2023 08:38 #250714 by rogerzilla
Very quick job before work - took off the rusty spare wheel holder and Hammerited it.  I didn't do the mounting faces as they weren't rusty and it avoids sticking (Hammerite takes weeks to fully cure).

Attachments:

More
08 Sep 2023 20:36 - 08 Sep 2023 20:38 #250719 by rogerzilla
The after-work job was changing the coolant and the radiator hoses.  Pretty grim getting the bottom hose off, as the engine-end clip was in an orientation that made it really difficult to get molegrips onto it.  Should have found a new O-ring for the drain plug, had I thought on, but it is fine anyway.

Got about 4.1 litres of fresh coolant in, which is good enough to refresh it.  The old stuff looked ok and flushing it with fresh water always leaves some in there and weakens the mix (I used the real Suzuki Ecstar stuff as that's what was already in there, and it only comes pre-mixed)..

It's a self-burping system if you fill slowly and the level in the uncapped rad doesn't even plummet when the thermostat opens, as it does in many cars.

I also fitted a new rad cap, just in case.  They can get tired.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2023 20:38 by rogerzilla.

More
19 Sep 2023 08:53 #250887 by gv42
Fitted black raptor winch to "john" , next jimnybits under car protection

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Sep 2023 11:31 #250889 by Lambert
This is going to be quite the tool when you have finished!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Sep 2023 11:56 #250890 by gv42
And time to fit the Haltech Elite 1500 ECU and the Hatech wiring kit and some more bits to do ,,,

More
19 Sep 2023 15:12 #250894 by jackonlyjack
@gv42 if you get in touch original owner sniper on here he may still have the front part of the roll cage 
It came as a full kit from wkd fabrication 
It's nice to see it getting some love 

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds