BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
24 Nov 2022 15:28 #246085 by Soeley
The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2022 19:15 #246162 by jackonlyjack

More
30 Nov 2022 09:33 #246167 by gv42
Not done enough miles off road to tell yet, and still being bed in , so will report back

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

More
12 Dec 2022 14:28 #246321 by DrRobin
Finished and fitted my load area liner.

It's made from two pieces of plywood, lined on the top with some foam workshop mat.  I put a raised edge around the sides and back to stop anything from falling on to the seats/footwell, two strips of wood stop it from going in to the seats and the workshop mat locks the two halves together.

It's main purpose is to give a good even surface for our dog to sit on, but it will be handy when going to the tip.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
12 Dec 2022 14:30 #246322 by Soeley

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
12 Dec 2022 15:41 #246324 by Lambert
Much neater than mine but also newer and less abused!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Dec 2022 23:12 #246538 by RainerK
Changed the ignition coils. I just got my Jimny from the annual service and drove for 15km and very close to home the motor started to shake a lot.

I humpled home and checked the spark plugs and 1 and 4 were a little colored. After putting in the spark plugs the car started as usual because the coils had cooled down.

So thank you very much for this great forum because here I had learned that the coils fail, what it feels like, and how to change them.

More
27 Dec 2022 16:37 #246573 by Soeley
Today I did the 5 wheel rotation, just 6080 miles since the last time in October 2021.

• redoregan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2022 13:51 - 29 Dec 2022 14:06 #246577 by redoregan
Replied by redoregan on topic What did you do to your jimny today?
I put a JB23 bonnet a grille on my JB43 during the week. Had to cut the Bumper a bit for the clips on the bottom of the grille and I have yet to replace the bonnet latch, which is just cut and bolted to allow me to open it at the moment. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Dec 2022 14:06 by redoregan.

More
29 Dec 2022 17:25 #246579 by DrRobin
I decided to find and fix the leak in my exhaust back box today (to try to make it last until the spring when the weather will be better to fit a new one) only to discover it was leaking from the joint.

One fixing bolt (the top) had sheared off and the bottom was already to go. I had to drill the two bolts out of each flange, it took some time, it might have been quicker to take the back box off.

I found what looks like the start of a hole in the back box, so patched it with gum gum and a bandage and put a bit of sealant in the joint and tightened up two new bolts.

Hopefully it will last a few months.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
30 Dec 2022 19:37 #246590 by Soeley
Today I managed to kneecap myself on the front recovery point 

More
30 Dec 2022 19:42 #246591 by Soeley
Whilst kneecaping myself, I reverted back to the standard DRL/Foglight set up, but with LED upgraded bulbs as supplied by Marti.ln in the shop.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds