BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
25 Aug 2022 13:26 #244740 by gv42
Fitted and tested rear ARB awning, very nice!

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Aug 2022 16:44 #244742 by Lambert
That's not a bad idea. Bit of shelter without masses of bulk.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
28 Aug 2022 18:28 #244771 by Mike G
Decided to look into the misty windscreen situation before winter comes in.  When my heater is on and even Aircon, the window mists up.  So I pulled the dashboard out and had a look at the heat exchanger.  Doesnt appear to be leaking when sitting and also under pressure for a short time, however, it's getting replaced before I fit it all back up again.  Hopefully I never need to do this again. Didn't take long to take apart, 2 hours, but I expect it will be a few more hours fitting all the fasteners and harnesses I unplugged in the process back where they all came from

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2022 21:03 #244816 by Mike G
Fitted the new heater matrix that came this morning.  Dashboard back in and out for a test drive.  Coolant leak.  I  think I've located it and it is the metal clips on the rubber hoses of the heater matrix not being strong enough to clamp the matrix pipes.  So I'll get some jubilee clips tomorrow and get that done.  Tomorrows job also looks like it will be drying out the carpet from the coolant leak and shampooing it. Ah well, these things happen.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.

More
01 Sep 2022 23:42 #244834 by Mike G
Fixed the coolant leak on the new matrix.  It was the hose clips.  Now I'm thinking I might have unnecessarily purchased a new matrix. Ah well who knows how long the old one had until it failed.

Decided to take out the carpet and powerhose it clean.  Shampooed the seats whilst they were out and made sure the floor was dried out properly in the sun shine.

More
03 Sep 2022 19:33 - 03 Sep 2022 19:36 #244847 by Fossie
Practised my dolly knots while bringing a new banister home from the yard ..( not the finished item but we had a tree the right length that needed to be chopped ) 
 the extra rope at the end was just to hold the carrot bag on as length marker .

Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2022 19:36 by Fossie.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
03 Sep 2022 19:55 #244849 by Lambert
How much string? All of it!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
03 Sep 2022 20:03 #244850 by Lambert
Temeraire has been treated to some new wiper blades today as a treat for most of the rest of the day hauling full trailers of sheep up one of the steeper and nastier tracks on the farm. The automatic really does take the biggest stick to the manual for this kind of work.

More
04 Sep 2022 12:37 #244859 by gv42
Not me, but Keith doing fantastic work on Flo!

Sent from my 2201116SG using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

More
09 Sep 2022 21:58 #244913 by Abudougal
Today I decided to give it a bit of a test, two hours round the hills helping a bud on his feeding rounds. It was pretty steep, very wet and in places pretty deep claggy mud - we had two big blokes and 130 kg of feed in the back.

Blimmin hell this thing is unstoppable (on fully inflated road tyres). I used to be a recce soldier and I've got various vehicles both wheeled and tracked in and out of some fairly tricky places but this is just ace, we had a bit of spinning on a really steep muddy bit on a tight turn but apart from that it just cruised about the place.

The only problem was not taking it out of 4wd quick enough on a tarmac bit and then it took some fiddling to get out of 4wd and came out with a bit of a clang, wont make that mistake again. The low range didnt work for a bit after that either, when you pressed 4L it beeped three times but did not go in, started working 5 mins later again though (no idea what happned there).

Really very impressed, Ill run these tyres out then get some slightly more knobbly ones but really theres no need.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
10 Sep 2022 02:35 #244914 by Lambert
This is why we love them. Smiles per gallon.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
24 Sep 2022 11:00 #245095 by Lambert
Today I have tightened my too dashboard screws.

I have also replaced this 

With this

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds