BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
09 Mar 2022 15:37 #242201 by Soeley
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2022 13:28 - 12 Mar 2022 13:32 #242270 by Scimike
Fitted a replacement rear dash camera and waved goodbye to the last working Nextbase. Nextbase really have been unreliable for me, it's a good job I got them cheap whilst I worked for Halfords.
The new one is cool and not a lot of money, time only will tell on the reliability, but it can't be any worse.

And here is 3 (of five) faulty / unreliable recording Nextbase devices.  Goodbye forever, the recycling bin awaits.

Ps if anyone needs mounts or parts from Nextbase ask, cover postage and it's yours if I have it.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Mar 2022 13:32 by Scimike.

More
14 Mar 2022 09:37 #242307 by Reason2doubt
Friday was a sad day. After many sleepless nights agonising over the decision, we've let go of our Jimny (and the roofrack and tent at the same time). 

I need to move for a new job soon, the price of fuel, the unavailability of houses with suitable facilities to actively work on it (as a project) where we're moving to, and the simple fact that I don't drive it enough means it was time to go. We put it on eBay and a very nice 17 year old bought it as their first car for when he passes his test. He came down with his mum and dad in the morning. He's in agriculture in mid-Wales, and I felt it was going to a good home where it wouldn't get thrashed around. 

Maybe pick up the Jimny bug in the next few years once things settle down again.
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Mar 2022 10:18 #242308 by Lambert
Sad news. Don't worry though, this is the Hotel California you can never really leave!?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Mar 2022 13:37 #242342 by Lambert
I need help. Seriously. I have just fitted racecar parts to Temeraire even though I said I wanted her to be more comfortable and off roader than Dreadnaught. There's no hope. Yes it is only polyurethane anti roll bar chassis bushes but still it's racecar parts. I'm my own worst enemy. If any of you catch me talking about lowering springs or road tyres, call me out on it!

More
16 Mar 2022 16:22 #242343 by Scimike

I need help. Seriously. I have just fitted racecar parts to Temeraire even though I said I wanted her to be more comfortable and off roader than Dreadnaught. There's no hope. Yes it is only polyurethane anti roll bar chassis bushes but still it's racecar parts. I'm my own worst enemy. If any of you catch me talking about lowering springs or road tyres, call me out on it!
That's going to make your vision blur, nothing as comforting as racing bushes!.
Still you could fit a "comfort seat" and go for the full sports suspension.

Bungee chair - Fits Suzuki Jimny. 
Feel like you are floating on air with the easy fit addition 

We will try and stop you next time!

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Mar 2022 16:37 #242345 by Lambert
As long as the squeaking stops I'll put up with the lack of comfort such as it might be!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
16 Mar 2022 17:11 #242346 by Lambert
Well the immediate observations are that quiet has been restored and she doesn't feel as baggy and jittery as she did. Maybe not quite as composed as Spare Jimny but definitely improvement. Make me wonder just how she spent the first 3 years of her experience to need tightening up now?

More
21 Mar 2022 18:28 #242431 by naylar

put some stripes on :o)

Gen4 Commercial

More
21 Mar 2022 19:46 #242432 by Soeley
Welcome back to the fold, I sent you a PM last week as I spotted the new Jimny.
The following user(s) said Thank You: naylar

More
21 Mar 2022 21:25 #242433 by louchy
I really forgot to where I got to on this thread, but its been a busy couple of weeks for the Jimny!

So since I last posted I have fitted:

- 40" rear light bar
- Breathers for diffs, transfer box & gearbox, running to a 4 into 1 manifold, into the airbox and up the Snorkel
- 2" Black Raptor 'comfort' lift kit with extended rear shock mounts and castor correction bushes
- Front diff guard, transfer box guard & petrol tank guard
- Manual front hubs
- A new CV joint after I disintegrated one at Slindon pay and play 

It is performing very well :-)

2003 '53 Jimny JLX Mode
2" Suspension Lift
Modular Steel Wheels + Manual Hubs
BFG MT's
ARB Delete
Breathers (Diffs, Transfer Box, Gearbox)
Raptor 4x4 Snorkel
Jimnybits Armour (Diffs, Transfer Box, Fuel Tank, Shock Mounts, Rad Arms)
Front & Rear Recovery Points
Front & Rear Lightbars

Attachments:

More
26 Mar 2022 08:45 #242511 by grumyoldjoe
Well yesterday,
My 2013 from new 69k on clock just passed yet another MOT
Was expecting at least some advisories this year as we reach 9yr old, but nope, once again sailed through.
Was considering getting shot of it as well, but instead will now treat it to its yearly wash and then do the yearly oils and filters

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds