× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

STOLEN LIGHT POD

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 07:53 #38965 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
I know it makes things difficult for yourself but I placed blob of weld over my winch bolt heads. Just too expensive to lose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 10:20 #38974 by myers647
Replied by myers647 on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
Iv rounded them of,f I,m going to weld them as well just to make sure like. I can get them off with a grinder if I need to. Mines hard to get too with it been behind the standard bumper but if they wanted it, it would go. I'm getting some CCTV this week mounted not that it will do much but You never know or my brother who's a proper electrical genius is going to electrify my Jimny to give Unwanted people a Nice belt when they touch it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

James

• Dutchjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 10:51 #38978 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
hmm someone tried to steal my licenseplate last night but it was secured with 2 M12 bolts to the ora frontbumper :laugh: just over the fairlead hole its folded and then sprayed white :huh: its so useless now i need to get myself a new one cause i cant get the paint off and its in words illegal to move the car without plates damn criminals get a life

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 11:04 #38981 by myers647
You should just get a stick on one mate and put it on the front of the bonnet like they do on kit cars. Iv had one for about 12 months & I'v had no bother off the police and it went through the MOT. This is a a subject thats been discussed many of time but I'v found its fine. Just say you want a sticker for your wheeley bin and the garage will do you one? Thats what I did.

Thanks
James

• Dutchjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 11:15 #38983 by Dutchjimny
Replied by Dutchjimny on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
I would like that but you cant here as soon as they see it they will pull you over.. maybe i should carry the original one in the trunk? hmm time to think about it

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 11:18 #38985 by myers647
Yes mate thats what I do its in the boot just in case the police do pull me they would only give you a slap on the wrist just play dumb. he stick on plate is the correct original sized and the same reflective material as a normal plate.
Where do you live?

James

More
30 Apr 2012 17:29 #39015 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
Used to do that with little ooky ... used to keep the "real" plate for MOT's and incase plod pulled me.

Being realistic, no police officer would give you grief if you explained you wanted to be sure that you were as legal as possible and it stops you breaking plates when offroad

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland

More
30 Apr 2012 20:12 #39031 by fast forward
Replied by fast forward on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
sorry to hear your bad news keep your baseball bat near your back door in case you fancy a game late at night !! :evil:

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2012 20:16 #39033 by myers647
We use fists us Wakey lads, I would love to catch them in the act god I'd have some fun :angry: :angry: :angry:

• supergaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2012 15:19 #39074 by supergaz
Replied by supergaz on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJames have a look at this

More
01 May 2012 20:13 #39105 by fast forward
Replied by fast forward on topic Re: STOLEN LIGHT POD
oh keep us updated yes or no ! :woohoo:

if you cant go round it go over it ! or vice versa ?

• myers647
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2012 20:36 #39110 by myers647
Eyup mate no this isnt mine but its very similar. Mine has the outside two spot lenses in blue and middle two in clear. I got really excited then.I would have been to york in ten mins knocking on the door.lol
Iv bid on it though cheers mate for that.

James

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds