BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Bob! Daily driver/something to play with!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2018 08:53 #197194 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Bob! Daily driver/something to play with!
Some good work going on here always nice when it's done and looking fresh ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2018 11:57 #197201 by eddlane
Replied by eddlane on topic Daily driver
Thanks! I forgot to take a picture of when it was done.....doh. Got a little squeezed in one over the wheel.

Much better now, need to do a bit of cleaning and tidying up. Next job is to get it up on my little ramps and clean and rust proof what I can reach underneath, it's never going to be as perfect as paying to have it done but hopefully it will help a little, and I'll keep on top of it every winter. Losing one car to terminal rust has taught me lessons!

Bob - 2005 Jimny - standard, for now.....
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2018 10:17 #197627 by eddlane
Hey all,

Planning on changing the belts in Bob. Just figuring out the details as to order the correct belt. Am I right in thinking its a M13A VVT engine in my model, it does have power steering, but it does not have air con. (I've used the wiki page to determine the belts.)

So I can just purchase these through the shop?

Cheers!

More
10 Dec 2018 12:21 #198843 by eddlane
Hi all,

Sorry being quiet. Christmas ate my money.

Belts on order soon, also want to change the battery for a new one because it’s been a bit sluggish of late, combining that with the belts I thought I’d cover all bases.

Can anyone recommend a better powered one than would of been in originally? And if so where I can order.

Thanks again gang.

More
10 Dec 2018 13:27 - 10 Dec 2018 13:41 #198847 by Max Headroom

eddlane wrote: Christmas ate my money.

I know that feeling! :(

Are you in UK?
Halfords do two original spec Yuasa batteries Yuasa HSB053 or HSB057 they're both 48Ah 430A (I think these are original spec - someone correct me if not) - I was looking the other week, They have a 5 Yr guarantee.
They aren't cheap £100 so find someone with a Halfords trade-card. I think the only difference between them was was the position of the terminals..

Or there's Halfords own 45Ah - again the only difference is the terminal positions, but they're priced differently (£72 & £80 :dry: ) they have a 3 yr guarantee.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 10 Dec 2018 13:41 by Max Headroom.

More
11 Dec 2018 17:06 #198873 by Scimike
Nothing wrong with Halfords own make battery, the are made by Yuasa.....

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
24 May 2019 19:55 #208892 by eddlane
Evening all.

Been quiet again. Tax man ate my money this time.

Got a new battery, thanks for the tip. Went Yuasa in the end, like a new jimny!!

I also took him to get professionally blasted rust cured and undersealed after not liking the look of the underside when I got under, hopefully he lasts a bit longer now.

Next jobs, I need to do the kingpin bearings and add a shim to try and stop this darn death wobble! I also want to do a 2” lift whilst I’m at it, any tips on kits? It’s for occasional off roading for the mad places I go for work so doesn’t have to be the biggest meanest toughest kit.

Also also also, wheel spacers. I know they increase wheel bearing wear rate but I’m cool with that, any tips? What’s the max mm I can get away with without adding extra arches?

Thanks in advance!

More
24 May 2019 20:08 #208895 by jackonlyjack
Jimnybits black raptor 2" kit will do you just fine
32mm spacers with 215 wide tyres on standard wheels any bigger tyre will stick past original arch

More
24 May 2019 20:22 #208896 by eddlane
Ideal thanks I’ll take a look and save some pennies.

More
24 May 2019 20:37 #208897 by eddlane
www.jimnybits.com/suzuki-4x4-32mm-wheel-spacers-5716.html

Do these spacers look any good or is it worth paying the extra for the black raptor ones but they are only 30mm.

Cheers

More
24 May 2019 20:45 #208898 by eddlane
And when it comes to kingpin bearings, shall I go Suzuki branded or are the SKF ones just as good?

Also what other jobs on the front axle should I be doing whilst I’m doing kingpin bearings and shims?

Cheers

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 May 2019 06:11 #208908 by Lambert
I would get the king pin bearings from the bigjimny shop, Suzuki bearings at not Suzuki price. The only other thing on the front axle is the caliper slides that are prone to not doing. Sometimes you can resuscitate them and other times they have to be replaced.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds