BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Are you building a Mud Monster or a Pavement Princess??
If so you can have your own thread in this section.
This section on other websites has led to arguments and contention. People are posting pictures of their pride and joy and therefore CONSTRUCTIVE comments only please!

Stan2 Build Thread

• nicho
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Aug 2013 13:08 #80097 by nicho
Replied by nicho on topic Stan2 Build Thread
be good ta see parked up next to the landrover now for comparison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Aug 2013 22:14 #80385 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Stan2 Build Thread
Wings back on

Rear panhard on and adjusted

Front panhard on and adjusted

While I was at it, I temporarily tied the exhaust onto one of the rubbers to stop it flapping around

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2013 08:20 #80397 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Stan2 Build Thread
You have been busy Stan ............ ;)

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Aug 2013 18:29 #80493 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Re:Stan2 Build Thread
Sure have bud, next on the list is a 413 gearbox from my sj with 4.9:1 gears, then the cage and winch :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

More
27 Aug 2013 07:49 #81152 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Stan2 Build Thread
Just caught up with this thread! Looks like it will be cool.

You got the panhard rods sorted then. You just have to measure the axles are centred under the car. I did mine largely by eye then measured to fine tune it.

It looks much better with wings. When you make the cage can't you make the grin tubes go straight alongside the top of the wings but as far out as the end of the bumper going down to it rather than inwards like you did on stan1.

That will protect the wings then from getting the front corner stoved in and won't stick out further than the edges of the front bumper to get Hung up on things.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Stan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Aug 2013 15:05 #81183 by Stan
Replied by Stan on topic Re:Stan2 Build Thread
Ya you're right kirkynut, on Stan1 the pipe went in and as you can see from the photos I virtually destroyed the front corners especially if winching around trees with sticky out branches :D
The only issue I see now is that I need to attach the pipe to the bumper but make it removable so I can get to the winch for repairs. Not exactly sure how to do that yet and yet make it strong enough to take the abuse we give the trucks.
Hopefully on Saturday I'll get started on the gears from the SJ transfer box and then I'll sort my Lincoln locker in the rear.

More
27 Aug 2013 19:18 #81205 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re:Stan2 Build Thread
Weld a bit of plate on the foot of the tube as it comes down to the front bumper and bolt the plate to the bumper with rivnuts - that's how my cage mounts to my ORA rear bumper.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds