BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Apr 2013 21:09 #69338 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string

markyp2000 wrote: Good video but i think u need new wipers that noise would do my head in

thanks,wipers are fine,can bearly hear that noise when driving,the sound on the vid seems to have amplifyed it quite a bit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2013 08:29 #69961 by gaz3359
Not much on the shoe string jimny recently as work has been really busy but last sat i did a bit of a check over after my last outing as there was quite a few tough lanes covered,jimny had faired up well just alot of mud still stuck underneath but all was good,serviced the king pins and hand brake,re-sealed my snorkel with some pu sealer rather than normal silicone as this had gone off.

Now when i got the jimny i fitted a cheap 1 3/4" spacer lift kit off ebay,i will say that this has done the job well for the 1500 miles or so ive done with them fitted but,the jimny wasnt driving to clever it felt very soft but at the same time harsh off road and wallowed bad,my jimny has done roughly 118000 miles and ive got no doubt that the suspension has done a fair ammount of that,after a closer inspection the shocks and springs were very tired,ive always wanted a proper lift kit from the start but at the same time i didnt wanna spend a fortune on the jim when i first got it incase it wasnt for me etc but ive grown to love it pretty quickly and has proven its self off road loads of times so id say its a keeper for the forseeable future,ive been saving some pennies up for a rainy day and at the begining of the week a 2" kit came up for sale on here was as new as the owner had not fitted it,a jimny bits 2" lift with 1000es pro comp shocks and rear shock relocation brackets,the kit landed thursday itook the jimny and kit to work with me yesterday and once the work was done i fitted my new kit,ive only done 15 mile or so on it but what a difference its like night and day really pleased with the difference.it needs to settle as it looks massive but sure it soon will.

A pic off my last outing the suspension looking un-even

File Attachment:

A couple on the ramp fitting the new kit

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

and done

File Attachment:

well happy and a worth while purchase.

Also fitted a disco 1 armstrong steering damper with the budget bracket

File Attachment:

thanks for looking

• RichiesJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2013 09:15 #69965 by RichiesJimny
Replied by RichiesJimny on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Looks the business now Gaz. :)

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2013 15:18 #69986 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Thanks for the update Gaz ....................... ;)

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2013 17:04 #69989 by gaz3359
cheers guys :laugh:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 May 2013 18:43 - 04 May 2013 18:44 #69996 by gaz3359
took a few shots today on some waste land bit arty farty

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:
Last edit: 04 May 2013 18:44 by gaz3359.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2013 09:51 - 07 Jun 2013 09:55 #73058 by gaz3359
Not much really been happening on the jimny front but thought id give a small update.

Couple of weeks ago i was invited on a days laning on another forum,i posted pics a couple weeks ago,(was quite a special day watch this space ;) )the saturday before i gave the jim a quick once over and as expected the 4wd was playing up,i was getting slightly fed up with the vaccum hubs and thought this is all i needed,so id already replaced all the vac pipes under the vehicle,hubs cleaned and re-sealed a couple of times,also cleaned the little filters under the bonnet on the vac pumps themselfs,thought to myself it can only be now the vac pumps are old and tired 13 year old and 118000 miles,any way after a bit of a play about i found that the filter that goes between the inlet manifold and vac pump had a hairline crack in it so i had plenty of spare hose just put a new piece in without filter and click clack into 4wd ! it was working better but still very slow to drop in so after more fiddling i found a hose that runs off the top of the vac pump and heads off behind the air box and into behind the drivers wing,i know there is some sort of canister behind there from when i did my snorkel that this pipe goes too,for quickness and to try i just blanked it off with a bit of pipe and a screw and the 4wd has never worked better it was a temp fix as it was late on sat afternoon and i wanted the truck working for an early start sunday,but ive left it as is and i havnt had one problem with the hubs not dropping in or flashing 4wd light since,and ive been laning 2 more times since this without fault,i was all set to buy manual hubs but i like the idea of the vac hubs and now they are working fine they will stay,im guessing ive upped the pressure in the vac system with this bypass,i may try and source a little filter for the inlet pipe but over the moon,also ive fixed 2 other jims with this method and they are both over the moon,couple of pics this may also help out other people with similar 4wd issues !!

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

also the pipe that comes off that has been blanked i stuck a screw in that just incase.

also bought a ora rear diff guard ive got this to weld on at some point over the next week,other than that thats it for the time beign,just been enjoying the jimny and will do so for the next couple of months.winch is on the cards next once ive saved up a bit.

File Attachment:
Last edit: 07 Jun 2013 09:55 by gaz3359. Reason: added another pic

• Tadpole
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2013 13:01 #73075 by Tadpole
Replied by Tadpole on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
Thanks for the up-date Gaz, pleased your 'little mod' worked out for you .............. ;)

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2013 18:13 #74159 by gaz3359
Couple of small updates..................

Got my ora guard welded onto the rear diff

File Attachment:

Had a small dilemer,my user name is a private plate ive had since i was 21 but its been on retention since 2007 after taking it off my clio cup,ive had it up for sale but no joy with it,i was due to re-new the retention again but thought stuff it i will put it on the jimny as im not planning on selling it any time soon,gets rid of the kox lol

File Attachment:

Was out yesterday (16.3) with nel on the lanes too my pal with me who brought his dslr with him gives such a much better picture and he has a nice lens on it couple of the jimny in action

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

thanks for looking

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Jun 2013 18:19 #74160 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Gaz's jimny on a shoe string
nice pictures B)

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2013 15:39 #74267 by gaz3359

Bought this today needless to say what im doing with it ;)

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jun 2013 18:03 #74287 by gaz3359
My mates photos of the lanes i did the other day with another jimny and a rangy p38.all taken with a dslr

s129.photobucket.com/user/BigErn0904/sli...2016th%20June%202013

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds