BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Height check!

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2012 21:00 #43990 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: Height check!

reaper wrote: As others said its probably just the " jimny lean" :-)
Normally is say remove the bodylift then fit the ora kit but i have a feeling you will need both with those masooooove bead-locks :ohmy:
Not sure what if any problems you may get though

Yeah but they are really sexy.

Infact atm im fantasizing over them more than our lass :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave c
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2012 21:33 #43997 by Dave c
Replied by Dave c on topic Re: Height check!

what size are the tyres reason i ask is we had to move the front axle foward to get clearance on 265/75/16 Insas have 4 inch springs with no body lift
Attachments:

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2012 21:36 - 11 Jul 2012 21:43 #43998 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: Height check!
Same size as yours Dave.

Btw yours look sexy as hell too :)

Mine will have 2'' bodylift and 4.5'' spring lift and perhapes some trimming!

How much forward did you have to move the axle. Do you think you could have done it with a bodylift instead of axle move?
Last edit: 11 Jul 2012 21:43 by Smoggy.

• Dave c
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2012 06:52 #44010 by Dave c
Replied by Dave c on topic Re: Height check!
Axle has been moved foward 1 1/2 inches would they have gone under with a body lift i am not sure think the problem was on lock the wheels were heading back into the floor/door so as we had to build new mounts for the G Wagon radius arms the decision was taken to move it foward as a matter of course.
Think some people are running 32s on standard jimny set up so must be possible i just didnt want to go to high on the truck with lift due to what the truck is being built for althogh there will be a a lot body work trimming to be done.
It is a massive amount of work to move it foward so avoid at all cost nearly as much fun as moving the rear springs outboard of the chassis legs that was another game all together.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2012 12:58 #44024 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Height check!
if you're fitting an ORA lift kit then it should have different length springs for the front - fit the longer one on the drivers side and the jimny should be level

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds