BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Ignis

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2018 08:58 #189596 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ignis
Well that doesn't sound like you had a good experience :D

So if it's not AllGrip what is it then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2018 15:08 #189602 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Ignis

Daniel30 wrote: Well that doesn't sound like you had a good experience :D

So if it's not AllGrip what is it then?

I am sure she said it is a 4x4. She went on to mention the Vitara and another which is supposedly allgrip. So I asked her how the 4x4 worked and she said it comes in to play when the vehicle needs it needs it. I made the mistake of calling it permanent 4x and she jumped down my throaty over that so I said put it this way, do I need a selector or to press a button to get it to be 4x4.
You are right - not a nice experience. I had a superb dealer at Coventry and this was like a a rookie boy used car salesman. I told her I didn't want a PCP agreement so she grilled me why not. I was glad to get out.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
22 Feb 2018 16:11 #189604 by gilburton
Replied by gilburton on topic Ignis
Seems they don't know what they are selling??
Taken from the Ignis brochure
"From slick roof rails, sliding rear seats for extra space, rugged rear bumpers and optional ALLGRIP 4-wheel Drive, the New Ignis has all the adventure-seeker mod cons. And with enhanced grip control and hill descent control it can take you anywhere you want to go."

I started off high and worked my way down ever since :-)

More
22 Feb 2018 16:21 #189606 by gilburton
I think the Allgrip is similar to the Fiat Panda version. You can press a button and when it senses a wheel slipping it locks it up so basically it chooses when to apply 4x4. It's not in permanent 4wd.
With the button off it is just 2wd.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2018 20:22 #189625 by Daniel30
There is no button in our ignis to select 4 wheel drive I'm sure its automatic. There is a button to lock all the wheels if your stuck and this automatically turns off over 13 or 18 mph can't remember which one

More
22 Feb 2018 20:25 #189627 by gilburton
Ok I haven't looked at one(probably never will) but when the Suzuki brochure says allgrip and the sales people are saying no I would certainly avoid that dealer lol

More
22 Feb 2018 20:36 #189629 by helijohn

gilburton wrote: Ok I haven't looked at one(probably never will) but when the Suzuki brochure says allgrip and the sales people are saying no I would certainly avoid that dealer lol

I have got another dealer in my sights, Cropleys, about the same distance away at 30 miles and they quote £15 less! So I like Reads of Grimsby even less now. lol Looks like a nicer road trip too.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2018 20:44 #189631 by Daniel30
Tell them you've had a quote another £15 cheaper and they will probably match it :)

More
22 Feb 2018 20:44 #189632 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: There is no button in our ignis to select 4 wheel drive I'm sure its automatic. There is a button to lock all the wheels if your stuck and this automatically turns off over 13 or 18 mph can't remember which one

I got the impression (before going to Reads) that the Ignis system is there all the time on standby so to speak but only comes in when some brain or ECU decides it needs it. I think for a road going car that is a pretty good system though I would probably like it active all the time. I sat in the 2WD version which was very nice inside. Trouble is I have my Celerio and I couldn't bring myself to swap...................... YET. lol

I didn't think I'd learn to live with the Celerio's AGS auto system but I have almost forgotten it is not a conventional 4WD.

More
22 Feb 2018 20:49 #189633 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Tell them you've had a quote another £15 cheaper and they will probably match it :)

While there are more shops and such in Grimsby that I could go round while waiting for the service to be done, I still don't like the sniff of Reads. I'll zoom down to Cropleys and have a sniff of them in a few days (any excuse to zoom around in the pocket rocket) though I am almost sure it'll be where I'll go.regardless. They will have to be very dire to put me off. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2018 20:54 #189634 by Daniel30
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The system is automatic and there in the background if its needed

The bottom left button locks all the wheels and I don't think I would ever be using the hill descent
:) :) :)

Attachments:

More
22 Feb 2018 20:56 #189635 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The system is automatic and there in the background if its needed

The bottom left button locks all the wheels and I don't think I would ever be using the hill descent
:) :) :)

I like it.

Difflock might be useful if not hill descent

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds