BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Ignis

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Feb 2018 20:41 #189399 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Ignis
Yeah, hopefully your dealer will be better helijohn
The annoying thing is they said to come down to the dealer straight away and they will top it up straight away no waiting, so I repeated the fact that we wouldn't have to wait if we came down when I got off the phone she said that's correct, then I confirmed it just one more time and she said no waiting.......... Guess what we got down there and waited 40 minutes :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2018 20:47 #189400 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Ignis

Daniel30 wrote: Yeah, hopefully your dealer will be better helijohn
The annoying thing is they said to come down to the dealer straight away and they will top it up straight away no waiting, so I repeated the fact that we wouldn't have to wait if we came down when I got off the phone she said that's correct, then I confirmed it just one more time and she said no waiting.......... Guess what we got down there and waited 40 minutes :D

Back in Brum I had a couple of dealers not too far away but now it is an hour drive to one so I won't want to be going back and forth. There is only one dealer nearby and is Ford. They tell me they can do the service but I trust them even less with my baby.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

More
17 Feb 2018 20:51 #189401 by helijohn

And what part of the country was your dealer?
I do like the Ignis though I am lusting after a 2018 Jimny.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2018 00:09 - 18 Feb 2018 00:11 #189408 by Daniel30
Bromley in Kent.
Went to Canterbury in the Ignis, motorway and A roads and it was a joy to drive couldn't really hear the engine either at 70 ish I was impressed ;)

I have dealt with Ford for about five years before we got the Ignis and the service was excellent, the health check even involved a mini video they sent to me of the underside of the car with the technician commentating on the condition of parts that the camera was zooming in on,.
Last edit: 18 Feb 2018 00:11 by Daniel30.

More
18 Feb 2018 07:24 - 18 Feb 2018 07:37 #189412 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Bromley in Kent.
Went to Canterbury in the Ignis, motorway and A roads and it was a joy to drive couldn't really hear the engine either at 70 ish I was impressed ;)

I have been super impressed with the Celerio. Apart from some initial things like getting it soundproofed (gosh it was noisy especially on certain road surfaces) and protected underneath I have found it to be a pocket rocket. I realise I am used to a more sedate performance of 4x4s but this really does go. I read somewhere it was the cheapest car in the world to run!! The economy was the reason I got it (cheap to buy and no road tax etc.etc.) followed by its having a high seating position and then its being small.
I do like the Ignis and with allgrip it sounds like a superb motor.
Would you take your Suzuki to a Ford dealership for its first service (not the free service) though?

Last edit: 18 Feb 2018 07:37 by helijohn.

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2018 08:45 #189416 by Daniel30
The ignis is £10.00 Road tax so not to sad either, I would if they could guarantee to use all suzuki parts so it doesn't affect the warranty.

More
18 Feb 2018 09:53 #189423 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: The ignis is £10.00 Road tax so not to sad either, I would if they could guarantee to use all suzuki parts so it doesn't affect the warranty.

That's a superb road rent. Did you register it before April 2017 or recently? If I didn't have a 4x4 already I would have maybe gone for one as it was a factor last year. If I had my time over and could reset the clocks to March 2017, I would defo get one. I won't part with it now because, apart from it costing, I have done loads to it. I added a temp. gauge cos it only has a green light on the dash for temp. Fitted twin horns cos the beep beep was tragic.

Put insulation in panels to kill the awful drumming. Added other instruments like readable clock. Fitted quieter wider tyres - that did make a huge difference to the noise levels
I fancy a trip to Grimsby Suzuki dealer this time even if only to see what they say about the 2018 Jimny. There is another Suzuki forum that had an active Celerio section. They said the first service was £130 but that forum (Suzuki4u) has gone wrong and it says the account has been suspended which is a damn nuisance as all the work I did to my Celerio was detailed there. It is as annoying as photobucket ransoming people by blocking pictures.

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Feb 2018 14:17 #189432 by Daniel30
Yeah registered just before

You've done quite a few little mods then to make it better, nice one!

You can bounce off a couple of dealers price wise I never knew you could haggle with the price of a service the last ford one I got saved £30 odd between dealers ;)

More
18 Feb 2018 14:56 #189434 by helijohn

Daniel30 wrote: Yeah registered just before

You've done quite a few little mods then to make it better, nice one!

Cheers - I have a few other mods too. Biggest pity is not being able to fit really wide wheels or even bigger - I think 14" wheels look like scooter wheels. lol
I took my Junior wheels to the local Ford place just after I moved for them to fit my new tyres. After, every wheel has two small chip marks on the paint - looks like clamp or crowbar has done them. They were painted by me. Back in Brum they use equipment that does not touch the front face of the wheels.
This is before the new tyres were fitted.

And this is after

So I am not too keen to use Ford again TBH but it is convenient. I had to leave the wheels cos they don't do same day fitting and never saw them do the fitting as they do it in the workshop. Bit too secretive for my liking.

Attachments:

• Daniel30
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Feb 2018 11:07 #189457 by Daniel30

More
19 Feb 2018 16:45 #189466 by helijohn
Very nice!

More
21 Feb 2018 20:04 #189584 by helijohn

Went to Reads Suzuki in Grimsby today. I defo won't buy from there - the salesgirl's attitude was incredibly poor and they had a new auto Jimny and a used manual Jimny there too. I was made to feel I was being a pest asking to see the new one.The service chap was very good but I don't want the trip there and the salesgirl put me off a lot.

I was told that the Ignis and Swift's four wheel drive is not allgrip. I learn something every day. lol

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds