BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My Jimny flat deck build - South Africa overlanding idea

More
21 Jan 2023 13:34 #247062 by Soeley
Very neat install, I think it looks brilliant. 
Good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 Jan 2023 17:48 #247067 by Lambert
Nice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
21 Jan 2023 21:21 #247072 by yakuza
Nice to see when details are this good, thanks for alot of ideas to do it nice and great with the pictures and explaination of how it is fastened.
I made two dog cages to fit inside my VW T4 and T5, and now my T5 is a camper. but nowhere near as good a job as this, but does not rattle and is removable.
I too used the pull down latches you did. when they get loose they can be tightened wich is nice. cause things will wobble and come loose after a while.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
22 Jan 2023 18:34 #247092 by Roger Fairclough
I built my own box but as mine has a MDF floor, I don't have as much room as you. Also the UK model has as standard a separate plastic box that sits on top of the jack and wheel brace. The elasticated tie down is attached to a home made frame made out of plumbers copper pipe and various oddments.

Roger

Attachments:

More
22 Jan 2023 18:36 #247093 by Roger Fairclough
PS
The net can be removed and used to cover and hold shopping etc placed on the lids of the box.

Roger

More
24 Jan 2023 11:10 #247143 by saxj

I built my own box but as mine has a MDF floor, I don't have as much room as you. Also the UK model has as standard a separate plastic box that sits on top of the jack and wheel brace. The elasticated tie down is attached to a home made frame made out of plumbers copper pipe and various oddments.

Roger

Depending on the model, we get the plastic box that sits on top of the jack. The polystyrene moulding wastes a lot of space.

More
29 Mar 2023 17:03 - 29 Mar 2023 17:17 #248303 by lookonimages
Finally finished the passenger side deck that go over the passenger seat. This also can be used with seat completely removed. The deck is exactly the same hight as back deck.

It is fastened to front seat bolts

The back is fastened to to back deck part.

All points can be fastened / loosened by hand. No bolts nuts that require spanners.

By removing the seat completely you suddenly add a lot of space for overlanding.

Yes I am lone traveler.

(Yes the door side post still need to be powder coated..)
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 17:17 by lookonimages.

More
29 Mar 2023 17:13 - 29 Mar 2023 17:18 #248304 by lookonimages
The deck also have a couple points to secure anything on top.

This area on top will mainly be for very light stuff and camera bag etc that can be tied down when traveling

The tie down points can be nice an flat when not used (without ring section) or you can clip in the rings for tie downs
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 17:18 by lookonimages.

More
29 Mar 2023 17:22 - 29 Mar 2023 17:22 #248305 by lookonimages
Best of all is you can have a proper sleep inside if you have to. Nice and flat. Tested and is comfortable for my length. Sure will be a tight fit for the bigger South Africans. :)
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 17:22 by lookonimages.

More
More
29 Mar 2023 18:33 #248312 by Soeley

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds