BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Icelandic Jimny

More
23 Apr 2022 11:09 - 23 Apr 2022 11:39 #243081 by Bradders91
Icelandic Jimny was created by Bradders91

I posted in the wrong section originally (sorry!).

Here is my Jimny in Northern Iceland, I managed to roll my Hilux after importing it at HUGE expense and so I had to get something nice to replace it.... So I bought a Jimny after a few years away from owning them.

I put this one on 31s but it will go on 33s or 35s for next winter. We get HUGE amounts of snow here and so need large volume tyres to deflate to 5psi or less to get around.

Anyway I wanted to say hi and look forward to joining on the forum a bit

Chris
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Apr 2022 11:39 by Bradders91.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2022 08:43 #243111 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Icelandic Jimny
Very Nice

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
24 Apr 2022 19:59 #243134 by lookonimages
Replied by lookonimages on topic Re:Icelandic Jimny
awesome. like it !

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
27 Apr 2022 11:30 #243169 by Ron0z
Replied by Ron0z on topic Re:Icelandic Jimny
I'm intrigued by the wheels. Or more specifically, what seems to be pipes or cables and what looks like a triangular piece mounted on the front wheel. Hard to see but is there something similar on the back wheel?

What's going on there?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Apr 2022 12:31 #243171 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Icelandic Jimny
That'd be the central tyre inflation system. Control tyre pressure on the fly. Very trick.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
27 Apr 2022 14:28 #243175 by Bradders91
Replied by Bradders91 on topic Icelandic Jimny
Yes exactly, it's tyre inflation. I have an ARB compressor under the bonnet that runs air to a control box with lines to each wheel.

I can use a control panel inside to deflate/inflate all tyres at once or any combination. Most people here have it linked to an app on their phone but this works just as well. The TMPS on each wheel still works so I can be pretty accurate.

Usually I just do it by eye as I'm never above 15psi in Winter and down as low as 5psi much of the time.

More
29 Apr 2022 17:56 #243185 by JodieMarie22
Replied by JodieMarie22 on topic Icelandic Jimny
Hi!  ​​​​​​
Completely jimny unrelated but I will be in Iceland in late July for a driving tour (not in a Jimny but a happy campers VW van) 

Any suggestions on non-tourist spots would be great if you have any!

More
06 May 2022 20:56 #243239 by woodykabu
Replied by woodykabu on topic Icelandic Jimny
Hey Bradders91, I just bought a new Jimny JB74 and looking at fitting 31s (maybe bigger) what work did you need to do to fit them? How is the gearing with 31s? Yours looks awesome.

More
07 May 2022 10:37 #243246 by Bradders91
Replied by Bradders91 on topic Icelandic Jimny
Hi, I have a 50mm lift on it (Trail master) with the castor correction bushes.

Other than that it's just some trimming of the inner of the front bumper and it's good to go. It's an auto and I cannot tell any real difference between driving with my 31s and when I put some 235/75/15 on for the Summer (31s have the metal suds in).

Most folk here who put them on 33s do it on an auto and don't worry about the gearing.

Hope this helps

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds