BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

PJ's 2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5 Thread

• Lambert
  • Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 Jul 2020 17:35 #225527 by Lambert
welcome to the forum. Blue is a good choice. Made a bit of a mess of the red one, lucky you weren't hurt.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2020 19:23 #225532 by Soeley
Hello and welcome, nice introduction. Shame about your old Jimny :( Good news with the new one :)

More
23 Jul 2020 20:08 #225535 by Soeley
One of the first things I did was to fit my 2ch Dash Cam, SEE HERE

More
23 Jul 2020 20:35 #225538 by Soeley
Yes, mine only wanted rounding off so not much to remove.

More
23 Jul 2020 20:57 #225543 by Soeley
Snap with the tie down points, I got the same (I think the official Suzuki ones were about £140) I got a bungee cargo net from Halfords, just the right size (can't remember what size it is though now.)

More
24 Jul 2020 08:45 #225560 by lightning
Your Jimny looks great and well done for getting one at the list price!
I was on the waiting list for 12 months but put my name down too late. My local dealer assured me l would get one, but Suzuki reduced the numbers allocated earlier this year.
I have found a used one for sale at £21,000 but am still reluctant to pay over the list price for it.

More
24 Jul 2020 11:19 #225573 by Bill Portland

Jimny-Phil wrote:
Not knowing what to do now I scanned around the internet and came across a local chap who offered a mobile underbody and rust protection service... his main market was valeting... got to say he had some stunning reviews for his work!... talked to him about what he did and found that he used Bilt Hamber. Did some research and it seemed pretty good, so settled on that

Made an appointment for about 10 days later and he turned up and did the job to what seemed an excellent standard. I had a choice of either clear or black Bilt Hamber and chose the clear as I quite liked the appearance of the body colour still showing under the wheel arches, rather than covering it up with black gunk

Time will no doubt tell if I should have gone for what seems to be the best on the market, Dinitrol, or if I've made a good choice with Bilt Hamber... hope I don't regret my decision

Has anyone got any long term experience of Bilt Hamber?

PJ

Whereabouts is he located? Sounds just like what I'm looking for.

More
24 Jul 2020 11:37 #225574 by Bill Portland

Jimny-Phil wrote:
Having the rubber boot protector permanently in place was causing another slight problem... the rear seat belts were constantly tring to recoil and causing the protector to curl up in the rear corners (next to the rear door). Found someone else on here having a similar problem and followed their lead to purchase a couple of seat belt tensioner clips... Problem solved

You do not have permissions to access this page.

There's a convenient little recess built into the ends of the cubby box under the mat (I think their primary purpose are carry handles for removing and lifting the cubby box) which holds the seat belt buckles in place and stops the tension from the belts curling up the mat.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jul 2020 20:23 - 24 Jul 2020 20:30 #225594 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic PJ's 2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5 Thread

Jimny-Phil wrote: Hi Guys (and Gals?)Been lurking on this forum for some time, reading all of your very informative posts.I purchased my brand new 2020 Jimny in February and thought that it was about time that I reciprocated and posted something for anyone else interested to readSo, to start the thread off, here are a few pics of my Jimny a week or two after I collected it in February

PJ

I just written a huge thread, and then pressed delete by mistake, so here i go again.Hi PJ, welcome to the forum. Ive been following your thread and it brings back fond memories. I began just like you, perhaps you read some of my posts. Anyway i wanted to say hi, and wish you all the best on your jimby journey.Beware it can become addictive and if your anything like me and others, your love and obsession for your new 4x4 will grow. Ive never stopoed lovin minr.Thought you might like to see my own progression. And im here if you have any questions, we all are. Cheers. New tyres arrived before my car, AT toyo open country AT plus. Great tyres. Will never 4get collection day, so exciting. New tyres fitted.

Snap, a must need deterent, and will slow the buggers down until we can come out and hit them, very hard and repeatedly.

New grille day. Fitted lots of mods and accessories. But a tip, although its tempting to buy all and sundry for your new toy, keep an eye on the weight your adding. Ive reached my limt now, so just a little tip, keep the weight as low as possible to keep the best 4x4 the best 4x4 lol.

A roof rack added.

Winch added fairly recently. Told you its addictive

Ive installed a whole host of undebody protection. Fuel filter, diffs fron rear, radial arms, shock mounts and transfer box. Tbh...i think diff gaurds are over kill and i may remove them soon.

Taken today.
Last month

And here she is today. The list of mods has been endless. Like you i began scouring this site for ideas and advice. 2 people more than anyone gave me inspiration and guidance, i wont embaress them, soeley and gadget!
Hahahahhaaha. But cus i cant post pics all night, here are my mods, hope you get ideas like i did last year:

Clear indicators
Wind deflectors
Mud flaps
Rear tow shackles
CB radio and ariel
ARB breather kit.
Sound proofing
Front and rear speaker upgrade
Underbody rust protection (lanolin).
Armster armrest
Key hole covers
Rear tyre case.

There's more, but cant remember them all.

Good stores for jimny kit:
Jimnybits
Jimnystyle
4x4works
Facebook is good for ideas

Hope this helps. And p.s...blue is the best colour by far :silly: :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :silly: :laugh:
Facebook is a great resource
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jul 2020 20:30 by Andy2640.

More
25 Jul 2020 16:01 #225642 by lightning
Hi there

Can l ask
Where did you get the sound proofing products and what did you get?
Not that the Jimny is noisy, but anything that makes it a bit better would be good.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jul 2020 16:56 #225647 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic PJ's 2020 Brisk Blue JB74 SZ5 Thread

lightning wrote: Hi there

Can l ask
Where did you get the sound proofing products and what did you get?
Not that the Jimny is noisy, but anything that makes it a bit better would be good.

Hi,

I used a product called Noico from amazon.

Here are the pictures, plus the products.

I used Noico 2mm butyl matting
Noico 8mm and 4mm closed cell foam
Foil tape.
Mass loaded vinyl in 2mm

Roof

Floor

Under rear seats

Wheel wells

The 2mm butyl matting

Attachments:

More
03 Aug 2020 08:55 #226011 by treps
Hi PJ. Great thread. I like the extra USB solution. Can you share where you sourced this from? (Google was not my friend..) Many thanks.
Treps

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds