BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Daz's 2019 SZ4

• Daz3031
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Jan 2019 18:09 #202127 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

saxj wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Had more snow today than last time and very happy with the performance of my Jimny and the at3 tyres. Drove up snow covered hills that others couldn't get up without any issues. Not even the slightest wheel spin.

I also found an empty car park than had been ploughed and had big snow banks to play on! I was too busy having fun to take photos but I took a photo once i got home - quite a lot of slush thrown up from the front wheels on to the rear arches! To mudflap or not to mudflap, that is the question?! I quite like the slush spattered look!

I had the Suzuki mud flaps fitted (Red ones for the looks), they make no difference at all to the splatter on the rear arches.

Thanks - I won't waste my money on them then!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2019 18:54 #202130 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

Daz3031 wrote:

saxj wrote:

Daz3031 wrote: Had more snow today than last time and very happy with the performance of my Jimny and the at3 tyres. Drove up snow covered hills that others couldn't get up without any issues. Not even the slightest wheel spin.

I also found an empty car park than had been ploughed and had big snow banks to play on! I was too busy having fun to take photos but I took a photo once i got home - quite a lot of slush thrown up from the front wheels on to the rear arches! To mudflap or not to mudflap, that is the question?! I quite like the slush spattered look!

I had the Suzuki mud flaps fitted (Red ones for the looks), they make no difference at all to the splatter on the rear arches.

Thanks - I won't waste my money on them then!

Plus the dealerships here charge 3 hours labour to fit them.

More
30 Jan 2019 18:57 #202131 by saxj
Replied by saxj on topic Daz's 2019 SZ4

Venter wrote: Daz, those tyres you've put on make a huge improvement to the overall look / presence of the car, even at just 215/75/15.

Much like the version it replaced, this Jimny has a tendency to look like a 'hairdresser car' (think Audi TT v1, etc) with the stock tyres fitted, definitely not what you're wanting (unless you're a hairdresser :P )

You think you'll fit another size up without any chopping (235/75/15)?

215/80R15's just clear. 235/75R15 fit but they rub on turning. The arches are not quite as big as they look. :(

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds