BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Darth's Jimny

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2010 18:27 #8533 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Jimny

bertbuckie wrote: The video of weston hill.... is that near banbury ?

no its near weston coyney stoke on trent(st11) in north staffordshire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bertbuckie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2010 18:30 #8534 by bertbuckie
Replied by bertbuckie on topic Re: Jimny
just wondered, i grew up in a place called louise weadon and weston ( spelling lol )

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2010 18:33 - 31 Dec 2010 19:52 #8535 by darthloachie

Last edit: 31 Dec 2010 19:52 by darthloachie.

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2011 18:48 #8573 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: Jimny
:cheer: good videos

• biggaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2011 19:10 #8580 by biggaz
Replied by biggaz on topic Re: Jimny
Nice vids indeed!

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2011 19:56 - 01 Jan 2011 21:00 #8595 by darthloachie
thanks
love my trusty go pro :)

ebay bargain

just been too tight to buy any video editing software :blush:

Last edit: 01 Jan 2011 21:00 by darthloachie.

• funkyjimny
    Registered
  • 2004 jimny soft top, factory hardtop, ARB bumper
More
04 Jan 2011 16:31 - 04 Jan 2011 16:31 #8858 by funkyjimny
Replied by funkyjimny on topic Re: Jimny
[quote="darthloachie" post=8595just been too tight to buy any video editing software :blush: [/quote]

Windows Movie Maker is free in Windows XP/Vista/7, if not installed should be free download, very easy to use.

I might get to Silverdale with you sometime, I know its a bit of a bog but its not far from me in Crewe, I know Rus from jimnybits gets there from time to time. Shout next time your out.

Gary
Last edit: 04 Jan 2011 16:31 by funkyjimny.

More
05 Jan 2011 19:22 #8935 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Jimny
You can see you have a Rocklobster with the low speed you are able to maintain!

Was the ground hard under the standing water you go through in some of those videos as you didn't seem to have any grip problems at all - I didn't know if that was down to the ground or your tyres being good?

It was good to see your passenger getting out and guiding you through on one of the videos rather than you just plough on regardless - you see people just smashing their trucks up un-necessarily too often because they don;t bother getting out and looking at what they are about to drive or getting their passenger to get out and guide them!

Did you get a winch for the front in the end? If so, what did you plump for?

I have to say I think you did well coming across this Jimny for the money you paid for it - you have a nice truck there!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2011 20:12 #8939 by darthloachie

kirkynut wrote: You can see you have a Rocklobster with the low speed you are able to maintain!

Was the ground hard under the standing water you go through in some of those videos as you didn't seem to have any grip problems at all - I didn't know if that was down to the ground or your tyres being good?

It was good to see your passenger getting out and guiding you through on one of the videos rather than you just plough on regardless - you see people just smashing their trucks up un-necessarily too often because they don;t bother getting out and looking at what they are about to drive or getting their passenger to get out and guide them!

Did you get a winch for the front in the end? If so, what did you plump for?

I have to say I think you did well coming across this Jimny for the money you paid for it - you have a nice truck there!

Kirkynut

Hi Kirky - no winch yet - keep breaking bits instead - propshaft, half shaft, brake caliper - got to get it mot'd before tong -will need a new exhaust maybe a cat :unsure:

fancy either a winchmax or a goldfish - hoping there will be some offers on at the T.O.R. show

Think it's fairly solid under the water ( have never got out of the truck to try it) but combination of the difflocks and the tyres are pretty good (run them at about 20 psi) don't get stuck very often except in deep ruts left by leadfoots in lr's with 37" tyres - them my trusty co-driver is hot stuff with the entrenching tool - the site can get slippy after heavy rain as it is marl/clay under the topsoil

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jan 2011 20:18 #8943 by darthloachie

funkyjimny wrote: [quote="darthloachie" post=8595just been too tight to buy any video editing software :blush:

Windows Movie Maker is free in Windows XP/Vista/7, if not installed should be free download, very easy to use.

I might get to Silverdale with you sometime, I know its a bit of a bog but its not far from me in Crewe, I know Rus from jimnybits gets there from time to time. Shout next time your out.

Gary[/quote]

Hi Gary

Will let you know when we next go to Silverdale - not sure if we are going in Jan as have to get it mot'd
Am now using Movie maker and have a channel on youtube to host the videos
Haven't seen Russ at Silverdale but have met him at Weston Coyney

More
05 Jan 2011 20:36 #8948 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Jimny
I would go for the Goldfish or another of David Bowyers winches as they are good winches with a good spares back up from David and he is a helpful chap - just don;t call him if you don't have much time to spend on the phone!

One other benefit of buying his winches new is the fact that you can get a bowrope and hawse fairlead in the deal rather than the steel cable for much less than you could buy any other rope worth having seperately.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• darthloachie
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jan 2011 14:53 - 12 Jan 2011 14:56 #9466 by darthloachie
Just got word it passed it's MOT - yippee :laugh:

had to replace the rear exhaust from the cat back - it was made up of about five different exhausts welded together and it was all welded to the chassis !

just need to sort the front prop now as there is 1/2" play in one of the UJs :angry:

god its been an expensive 9 months - still lots to sort yet
Last edit: 12 Jan 2011 14:56 by darthloachie.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds