× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight level adjust not working

More
23 Sep 2024 10:22 #257653 by PDX-ORE
Before I start throwing new parts at this, thought I'd ask the group. 

New to me 2003 JB33 Jimny

Spinning the headlight adjuster/rotary wheel 0-1-2-3-4 does not move the headlights. Is it simple as needing a new switch? Or both motors on the back of the headlights have died. I do not hear any mechanical noise from them when I spin the switch (standing outside the car with the bonnet up).

I pulled with switch out and opened it up. Not much to "clean" inside as far are corroded parts. Popped it back in, still nothing. 

Is it possible the previous owner disengaged somewhere as it has a 40mm lift, maybe not wanting to dazzle drivers. Have tracked the wiring from the back of the switch... looks good. Same as back of both headlights... wiring all looks good. 

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2024 10:52 #257654 by fordem
Maybe get a test meter & verify power - all we can do from a distance is guess.

More
23 Sep 2024 11:20 #257655 by Soeley

More
23 Sep 2024 12:12 #257656 by mlines
The common fault is the motor in the headlamp has rusted solid

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds