× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Obd 2 scanner with abs bleed recommendation

More
18 Jul 2024 09:18 #256825 by ptransfer
Hey guys

Just replaced the brake master cyl. and was hoping to bleed the ABS module (my abs light is on as well) 

I couldn't find a recent post about OBD2 scan tools. Can anyone give a recommendation that will do the ABS bleed and be generally good. I have an 09 Jimny :)

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2024 10:43 #256827 by facade
According to the manual, you just bleed the wheels in the usual manner and don't worry about the abs unit.  There is nothing about using the secret suzuki scan tool to do it.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
18 Jul 2024 16:42 #256830 by Rogerzilla
The stuff held up.in the ABS pump will not be drained (it's the other side of the valves), so doesn't need bleeding.  Of course, if you replace the ABS pump with a new one, it does need bleeding somehow.

A low-tech way to exchange the pump fluid is to find some gravel or snow off-road and make it do its thing repeatedly.

More
19 Jul 2024 00:49 - 19 Jul 2024 00:53 #256836 by ptransfer
Thanks mate that's good to hear :). I have read about going off road to fix the ABS - ill give that a go tonight.

If that doesn't work to fix the ABS light (it was on before replacing the master cylinder) do I need a scanner to figure out what's going on? I don't mind spending money on a good scanner if it will be useful in the long run - just want to make sure I get a good one!

I've inspected the ABS sensors and they appear okay (not 100% on what to look for - but no apparent cracking/excessive wear/contacts look good).

Last edit: 19 Jul 2024 00:53 by ptransfer. Reason: Needed to add more

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jul 2024 03:26 #256839 by Lambert
Sz viewer is able to read the abs you will need a Bluetooth connection and the app on your phone.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds