BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

My radio antenna snapped off...

More
31 Aug 2022 21:53 #244821 by Sirjamesrusty
In the last storm we had my telescopic radio antenna snapped off (I still have the antenna) It doesn't seem to want to slot back in at all and I've unscrewed the mount on the drivers side of the roof but can't work it out. I'll post a few pics in the morning light again... What should I buy in order to replace the antenna with a new one? - Got a week off work next week and looking to get a few jobs done on the Jimny, hence a few posts. Thanks again...

I'm starting my Jimny experience as a complete novice on a 2008 Jimny VVTS...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2022 01:54 - 01 Sep 2022 01:59 #244822 by Mike G
I think this is a direct replacement for the jimny.

eBay item number: 403798064102

I replaced mine a few years back after I reversed into a low hanging branch.

For some reason, I can't get the ebay link to appear here using the ebay tags.

2" Trailmaster suspension lift, 2"body lift, snorkel, full breather kit, 29" steel wheels with BFG tyres, tinted rear windows, CRT CB radio with modulator antenna mounted on rear, dog cage and tray in the back.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2022 01:59 by Mike G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sirjamesrusty

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Sep 2022 04:23 #244824 by Lambert
I replaced my last one with the dealer part, cost less than 20 quid. Just remember to firmly attach a string to the end of the cable you are replacing then you can use it to fish the new cable back through.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sirjamesrusty

• Rothbury1
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2022 04:25 #244825 by Rothbury1
Replied by Rothbury1 on topic My radio antenna snapped off...
Hi, i have had similar with vandalism and low garage doors.
My advice is buy a new aerial.
Get under the dash and find the connection to the radio and disconnect, DO NOT pull the old aerial wire yet
 Now attach a length of wire or strong cord with electrical tape to the detached old aerial, tapered for a few inches either side of the join,
When your satisfied the join is secure, pull the old aerial up and out, it is easy with two people, one pulling and the helper feeding the wire up but doable solo.
Now disconnect the old aerial from the draw wire, and attach it to the new aerial. Next, pull down the draw wire from under the dash and feed it down from the top pulling the new one back down.
Reconnect the new aerial wire to the radio and secure the unit on the roof ensuring it is leak proof.
Hope this helps.

More
02 Sep 2022 06:29 #244835 by Sirjamesrusty
Thanks all for that - I've just watched a good YouTube video on the fishing the wire exercise. I'll give that a go when I get the parts ordered.

Cheers,
Chris.

I'm starting my Jimny experience as a complete novice on a 2008 Jimny VVTS...

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds