BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Which Tow Bar

More
24 Jun 2022 21:33 #243809 by bryn
Which Tow Bar was created by bryn
I’m looking to buy and fit a tow bar to my 2011 Jimny but want one that will give maximum ground clearance and I’m not too worried if it’s detachable neck or not, so would appreciate your suggestions.

Many thanks. 
bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2022 21:54 #243810 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Which Tow Bar
I bought a UR detachable tow bar with swan neck, it sits quite high. To be honest I suspect they all sit at the same height,they all mount on the same place and are of similar design.

Quality wise it seems fine, probably not as good as a Witter, but a lot less money. I can take a photo tomorrow if you want to see how it fits?

Robin

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
25 Jun 2022 11:27 #243812 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Which Tow Bar
  This is my towtrust fixed one. Way better than the last Witter I had.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

More
25 Jun 2022 11:49 - 25 Jun 2022 12:05 #243814 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Which Tow Bar
 And just to complete the line up:
Here is the Witter. 

The main horizontal mounting bar is tucked higher than most, and the swan neck clears the spare as per the OEM Suzuki. The mount hangs lower from the horizontal mounting bar than most due to the release system. So I suspect this makes it the lowest, but I do like the fact that I don't bang my legs on the hitch when it's removed, which is a two second job.
However, to give all this a meaningful dimension the distance from the bottom of the rear bumper plastic to the lowest part of the swan neck mount is just about 5 inches.No point measuring distance to floor as this will change with tyres and  suspension changes / wear.
Hope this helps you decide.
Have fun.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jun 2022 12:05 by Scimike.

More
26 Jun 2022 15:02 #243834 by bryn
Replied by bryn on topic Which Tow Bar
Thank you
bryn

More
17 Aug 2022 21:29 #244574 by bryn
Replied by bryn on topic Which Tow Bar
Fitted a towtrust one. Very very easy to fit and no need to remove the bumper..

Bryn

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds