BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Lack of hot air when heating is on full-blast?

More
14 Jun 2022 21:03 #243706 by Darthblaker7474
Hello! I was wondering if you can help me.

I recently got my Jimny back on the road and the heater was working fine until a few weeks ago when I noticed it won't put out hot air on anything above the lowest setting. The engine gets up to temperature normally, and apart from that it seems to run fine, AC is also ice-cold.

I suspect it may be the resistor in the blower motor as I've had this happen in the work's van before, and I believe this to be the problem

Any help is appreciated thank you !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2022 21:09 #243707 by mlines
I would look underneath at the little white levers on the end of the selector cables. Often the wire has come off

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
16 Jun 2022 20:36 #243733 by Darthblaker7474
Are these located on the left of the driver's side footwell?

More
16 Jun 2022 20:46 #243734 by mlines
And the right side of the passenger field as well.

Move the heater controls whilst looking down each side

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
20 Jun 2022 13:12 #243774 by DrRobin
How full is the coolant, is it going down? The heater matrix can be one of the first things to empty when there is a leak, especially if the leak is in the heater itself.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
27 Sep 2022 11:13 #245152 by Darthblaker7474
I've been a busy bee! 

So I've discovered I've had a coolant leak, originating from the water pump, which I've gotten around to replacing last week. Whilst I was doing this I also have the cooling system a flush out as well, including the heater matrix inside the cabin.

However I was unable to remove both hoses from the bulk head, I was able to get the lower one off (which I believe runs to the water pump?) and a load of rusty water came running out  .

After filling it back up and letting it idle on the drive for a while, I was able to get some heating back! however this was short lived as after a 20 minute drive it appears to have gone cold again.

Any idea what could be the problem? I've had a go at seeing if there's any air trapped in the system this morning buy putting it up on ramps and "burping" the coolant pipes but so far that doesn't seem to have worked?

More
14 Oct 2022 14:55 #245440 by Darthblaker7474
I'VE FIXED IT!!!! 

Or rather bided some time until summer comes back around and I can do more work on the car.

A very helpful post on a facebook group indicated that I should try some "percussive maintenance" underneath the dashboard where the heater matrix is.

I used a mallet to "gently" bash it and the blowers started pumping out some warm air!!! (or much warmer than it was anyway)

I'll give the cooling system another flush with a cleaner of some description this weekend, hopefully that'll help further.

Also in the process I snapped the small arm off that connects to the bowden cable on the temperature controls. Could any one point me in the right direction of where to get a replacement? TIA 

More
06 Dec 2022 20:52 #246247 by Vandoris
Hi did hitting it work or the flushing? I have the same problem as well as the car not coming up to temperature? have changed the thermostat this year but still not up to temp have brought another one to try hope this works any ideas would be great.

More
13 Dec 2022 21:49 #246346 by Darthblaker7474
So It worked briefly when I hit it, but a replacement heater matrix has arrived now so I'm going to swap them out

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds