BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Exhaust from manifold (headers) back...

More
22 May 2022 17:50 #243410 by madfishpaul
So my exhaust manifold is toast,  and the rest of the system looks a bit rusty too...

Currently I have a standard 1.3 16v engine,  but in the not to distant future I'd like to swap out for a swift sport 1.6.

Anyone know of an aftermarket exhaust system from manifold back that will be ok on a 1.3, but suitable for a mapped 1.6?

Cheers,

P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
23 May 2022 03:22 #243412 by Lambert
I'm not aware of such a thing being available other than a tubular manifold being available from somewhere in Australia? Most people seem to have a system custom made once they have the 1.6 if they bother at all.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: madfishpaul

More
23 May 2022 14:49 - 23 May 2022 14:49 #243422 by yakuza
as my original system slowly rust away I replace it with 2" exhaust parts.
I have not seen any such system either but i haven't looked for it. I would most likely not be happy with it as would want it to be well tucked up there to avoid it rubbing when offroading.

I suspect my replacement of the double insulated pipe from cat1 to cat2 would have helped. inner diameter there was not much inside the insulation and now it is 2".

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 23 May 2022 14:49 by yakuza.

More
24 May 2022 10:14 #243434 by sniper
There are a few high end systems about, have a look at HM4x4.com. 

I had a stainless 2" single box system with a 200cpa sports cat built at Tony Banks in Leeds, sounded ok and gave some improvement on the 1300 and works fine on the 1600. £600 but it was a few years back.

sniper

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds