BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Hubs vacuum pipes diagram/photos?

More
19 Mar 2023 22:59 #248106 by JBradders
I replaced mine with semi-flexible blue airline hose and push-fit hose connectors.
Here's a diagram from the service manual....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2023 09:53 #248110 by SteadRJ
Perfect thanks, any suggestions on 4wd low not engaging? Or would it not work anyway if I have no 4wd? Ordered some 4mm silicone hose and will replace the whole system to make sure..

More
16 Feb 2024 22:22 #254387 by DrRobin
I replaced the original vac pipe with new flexible pipe, it was straight forward to do and worked right out of the box. It took about an hour.

I put the Tee pieces at the top and ran down the internal body work to the diff on both sides. It took about 9m of pipe and total cost was about £30 for the vac pipe and Tee pieces, but well worth it.

I found the problem with the original pipes, some of the original metal pipe near the diff and sheared off, through both pipes and was just hanging loose. It must have sucked dirt into the pipe and blocked them.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds