BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

[solved] Jimny P0134 + P0172 Faults

More
05 Nov 2021 14:02 - 05 Nov 2021 20:40 #239883 by avehbiaslanturk

O2 is normal, it should vary like that. MAF is probably normal, my MAF graphs have less changes, but that might be that my system doesn't record as fast as yours.

DrRobin post=239875A tired battery can cause a weak spark and lead to rough running, especially if something else is on the way out (like coils/plugs) so if it has been stood for a while, I I would charge your battery and see if some of the codes will clear?

If the misfire goes, it might suggest coils or plugs are ageing, look for cracks in the coiul packs.

Hi Robin,
 My car started hard today. The indicators went and came. I realized that my battery is dead. Do you think my problem could be from the battery? Maybe, as you said, ignition is not as usual and rich mixture problem arises.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2021 20:40 by avehbiaslanturk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2021 14:32 #239884 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Jimny P0134 + P0172 Faults
A weak battery will not help, I would charge it up and then see what codes you get.

My other car misfired when the battery was very low, once charged it didn't misfire, but still ran rough, then I discovered the coils had cracks in them so the spark would have been weak and with the battery low, too weak to fire correctly.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: avehbiaslanturk

More
19 Feb 2022 15:34 - 19 Feb 2022 15:40 #241910 by avehbiaslanturk

A weak battery will not help, I would charge it up and then see what codes you get.

My other car misfired when the battery was very low, once charged it didn't misfire, but still ran rough, then I discovered the coils had cracks in them so the spark would have been weak and with the battery low, too weak to fire correctly.

I would like to give feedback for other users that:

I have changed the battery with 45A Varta and after taking 3000km and 3 months, the car has no any fault code. Some local repairmans have been thinking that this fault is because of the engine and engine must be repaired

Thank you DrRobin and thanks everyone !

Last edit: 19 Feb 2022 15:40 by avehbiaslanturk.

More
19 Feb 2022 20:58 #241916 by DrRobin
That’s excellent news. Modern cars with a lot of electronics can be quite sensitive to low voltage, sometimes a weak battery is all it takes.

My Jimny has never had a problem, even when the battery was so low it would hardly start, but my other car recorded another misfire a couple of weeks ago after many months and miles without a problem. When I checked the battery was a little low.

Like me we will just have to keep the battery topped up and hopefully n9 more problems.

Robin

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

The following user(s) said Thank You: avehbiaslanturk

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds